Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 10:44 PM

Fireworks - still not banned

Ban or not to ban fireworks the queston has been ongoing for years yet nothing changes.

Where are people buying fireworks to let off in SEPTEMBER
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 10:45 PM
OHHHHH KAZZZ

Dont get me started , hate the blo*dy things!
Scrumps gets very very upset by them, and countless number of other dogs too

BAN THEM!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Now so far (fingers crossed) none of mine hate them Sal just ignores them ad at the odd really loud one lifts her head but quickly falls back asleep. (phew) The cats I think are now too deaf to hear them although for about 15 years or so Oscar has sat on the back bedroom wndow and watched the displays he doesn't sit in the window at other times except fireworks, Cleo just when they get loud moved under the bed or into the wardrobe if you leave the room but otherwise they are fine. Kept in the house (litter tray provided) but fine otherwise.

The pup so far has ignored the odd few and occasionaly sat on the back step with Sal and watched some in the sky. But neighbours dogs detest them and need to be sedated as does a yorkie across the way.

Only allow them sold on 5th Nov or nearest weekend too, I say
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Hmm your quite lucky kazz! dya know 1 o clock in the morning two nights ago, they were going off, had to sit with scrump for 30 mins to calm him down!! GRRRRR
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I've had them start at the end of August Where I would like to put these fireworks....

I think that they should be banned, other than for organised displays. Last year a friend of mine had to arrest several kids throwing fireworks around in the street

Thankfully my dogs don't really bother with them, unless they're really close, then Storm goes into a blind panic, Shaan starts barking and Luca doesn't know what to do
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 11:08 PM
i have yet to encounter fireworks with max. he has heard a couple and not bothered much but when there is tons going off i dont know what he will do?
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Yea wolfie we have that problem round here, kids getting hold of them and causing problems!
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Are fireworks legal for anyone to shoot off there? It's illegal here, but people still get them. It's legal down south, so many drive down and buy them there to sell to people here. Firecrackers really annoy me. I mean what is the purpose? They don't look good, they just sound annoying. Savannah and Tigger are oblivious to them, but Montana gets really scared.
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Babs i think anyone over 18 can let them off here, might be 21, not too sure!
pete
Almost a Veteran

21-09-2004, 07:38 AM
its my birthday bonfire night and i enjoy fireworks as much as the next person but why not just keep them too orginised displays its that simple. I bet the goverment makes loads on tax on em .so they would rather see people and animals mamed and killed by them every year and make a few quid rather than ban them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »