Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:58 PM

Litter of Slovaks in RSPCA Brighton

Unbelievable! I wonder how a whole litter of relatively rare pups ended up in rescue, and where they've come from.

Page 14:
http://www.rspca-brighton.co.uk/rehomingdogs.html
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Unbelievable! I wonder how a whole litter of relatively rare pups ended up in rescue, and where they've come from.

Page 14:
http://www.rspca-brighton.co.uk/rehomingdogs.html
What gorgeous bundles they are. does seem very unusual for them all to be in rescue bless them. At least theyre in the right place & will be rehomed with families

B x
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I'll PM you Leanne.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Trouble is, I dont have confidence in the RSPCA to rehome dogs in the correct home. I've seen what little knowledge many of their employees have.

I remember watching Animal 24/7 where the Inspector picked up some leverets. She stated their mum would feed them every 2 hours, something I knew to be incorrect and i'm just Joe Public who has a passing interest in nature. When they took them to the wildlife centre, the woman there said the Mum just came back in the evening to feed the leverets (which was what I thought) so it made a joke out of the RSPCA.

I knows it's a different situation than rehoming dogs but I have very little faith in the RSPCA. I'd rather those pups be in breed rescue but the RSPCA dont surrender dogs to other rescues.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Right, PM sent.

I agree about the RSPCA and finding suitable homes. These are not your average breed and require some very careful management. It worries me that the would be owners who stumbled across them in rescue won't have done much if any research. After all, it is not like you go to a rescue expecting to find one of these, is it?
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Such a gorgeous breed- i would maybe be tempted to own one- one day!

I do hope they go to knowledgeable homes though- the site saying that they are looking for active, experienced homes & not suitable for first time owners can only be a good thing, i just hope they stick to that!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Lets hope that it's HPR minded people who have had a heads up about the litter and applied to adopt. I remember seeing a Brittany in my local RSPCA, I informed the breed rescue but they already knew and had been in touch with the RSPCA who rejected their offers of help.

Thanks for the PM Labradork.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I can't believe they have these pups in rescue, I wonder if they have contacted the breed society?
I would be tempted with one of them if I was in the position to have another.

They also have a Samoyd in for rehoming.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Beautiful looking puppies, never heard of the breed before but they are lush xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Aw... glad I dont live close I could snap up the Sammy and half the lurchers in there.. probably take home a slovak pup too.. what on earth could have happened to have them all appear in rescue? Poor pups!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >