Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2015, 07:16 PM

Hugs for My Boy

Just realize how far we've come with Callie. It's been three years. He's calmed down with walking. My daughter runs him two or three blocks, then I take the leash and he walks at a comfortable gallop.

The silliest thing that has gotten so much better...cleaning his ears. When we first brought him home that must have been something no one had ever attempted before. Sophie has always been docile about it.

He wasn't aggressive and didn't make a sound. But I picked up the wipe and opened his ear and BAMMM he was across the room. Just like a tank, nope you can not touch my ears. Hubby held one end and my son the other and...two swipes and he was across the room again.

Finally after slowly getting him into the idea it can feel pretty good actually. Oh and there's treats afterwards...he's fine with it. A few minutes ago he was in the yard. We both sat enjoying the day and his ears are pristine.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Excellent! My Jade has never let anybody hold her feet to cut her nails so they're always too long. She has to walk on concrete more than she likes to wear them down. Luckily she doesn't mind her ears being messed with and she has Shepherd "bunny" ears so they don't get grimy like the floppy kinds.