Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:13 AM

Picked Up Me Pills

Went to the stop smoking clinic yesterday as I so want to stop smoking, but despite trying and trying I have failed miserably.
I did give up for 6 years with the help of Zyban tablets but stupidly started about 18 months or so ago again and it seems harder this time round to give up.
Anyway she pescribed me a new pill which is mean't to be better than Zyban and without any side effects called Champix. So I've just taken my first one and apparently should stop smoking between day 8 and 14 on these.
So keep your fingers crossed these work for me.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Everything crossed for you, you've made the right decision.
Becky
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Let us know how your getting on especially if you start growing a beard or something lol. Im sure you will kick the habit. Ive tried several times, i just aint got enough will power. I need a kick up the jacksie to get me motivated. Best of luck anyway
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 08:24 AM
good luck huni xxdk
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Well done for taking this step MM Don't dwell on your past slip-ups, that'll only set you up for a fall. If you've done 6 years off them, then that's something to celebrate, not a reason to brand yourself a failure. I'm sure it feels like a mountain to climb right now, but actually you can only deal with a day at a time, and that's not such a frightening prospect. The further you get, the easier it will become
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 01:47 PM
well done
28 days ( 4 weeks ) here for me and i am THAT smoker everyone thought would never do it
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Well done for making the dicision ,i stopped 3 years ago after having tried and failed more times than i care to remember,but im really determined that now i have i will never go back ,i did it with patches ,which i found suited me ,good luck and keep us all posted ,i dont mind you shouting at me either if it helps .
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
well done
28 days ( 4 weeks ) here for me and i am THAT smoker everyone thought would never do it
WELL DONE INCA:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 nevr say never
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 08:38 PM
good luck to all those who are trying to quit the dreaded weed.
im on 18 months (approx) smoke free and if i can do it anyone, ok it took a heart attack to convince me to quit but i did it.