View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2016, 09:13 PM
Incredibly hot today, in fact the last time I recall these temperatures I was in the dessert in Saudi Arabia or maybe it's just my age, the body can't handle heat as it gets older

Took Casey & Lara to Knettishall Heath, there's a trail which is totally in shade under trees so they were not too hot and then we walk by the river and Lara goes for a swim while Casey has a long drink, he gets all four paws in but no further

Can't stop yawning now so off to bed in a minute, see you tomorrow
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 09:13 PM
I think it is wood that has been treated. The kennel and the floor she is ripping up have been tanalised, she's definitely not interested in offcuts of kitchen carcass, she has had the odd nibble of the big house, but not stuck at it the way she has with the little kennel.
Ran my theory past Alun when I saw him on Sunday and he's flabbergasted, but thinks its daft enough to be true. We discussed different sorts of concrete and breeze blocks, if she's digging then he's talking harder stuff
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2016, 09:19 PM
evening folks - we too have been enjoying the weather - an absolutely terrible thunderstorm, about 6.30pm the sky turned a dark oily green and we were soon enveloped in sheets of rain and thunder rolling across the Moor. lightening flashes (both fork and sheet) lighting up the darkness and gloom, at one point I counted eleven consecutive flashes. Luckily when it started the dogs and I were only about half a mile from home and so escaped with just a good dousing of very cold rain. Wish I'd been accomplished in the photographic art as I was treated to the quite magnificent site of Fagin, stood on a huge boulder in the near dark and then he was lit up by the lightening flashes. He truly looked like some ghastly monster from the fertile imaginings of a Hollywood horror studio! lol !
June - looks like lady luck was with you today - it could have been a quite different scene that greeted you on your return. Fortunately that buzz saw of yours (loosely disguised as a dog) let you off with just a warning!lol!
May be back later as I have a little paperwork to do, bye fer now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2016, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Boxes at the ready Moyra
Been on the bone run and back with lots of them, I now have only 3 eating bones of course, always the way. Everything bagged and in the freezers.
When I came through the front door I was met by 2 dogs, not just Lona Yes Ms Trouble had found her way in, luckily I still had a house left, in fact considering her penchant for destruction I have had a very lucky escape, as can't find anything really untoward. My fault, because I usually leave the half door open and the baby gates shut if its a hot day, and a step ladder in front of the half door to dissuade certain Little Girls from jumping it. With Lona being in I have double blocked the baby gates by putting a fireguard in front of them. Well I'd left everything open, completely forgot, so Madam took advantage, cleared the door, into the stepladder, knocked that over, somehow survived that with all 4 legs intact and carried on into see her Nana. She is fine by the looks of it, and I'm pretty certain her grandaughter would have been put off any rough play by a show of teeth and grumbles. Everyone, in one piece, my house still on its foundations, all soft furnishings intact, phew
I laughed till I burst!! Bless her, what a shame you don't have CCTV - that would have been worth publishing on youtube!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 09:57 PM
What a pity you weren't able to get a piccie LG. I was out in that, got soaked. Taken Lona out just now as she was virtually sat on my shoulders, not that she would drop a hint, bless her. My coat is sopping wet through, like you say the lightening just kept coming and everywhere was lit up
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2016, 10:38 PM
Fortunately tomorrow looks set to be fine, dry and warm, June, if nothing else you'll get a chance to dry out.
Hope that all goes well for Moyra's kitchen fitting - perhaps Steve will give his Mum a hand! He certainly should do!!!
Righty-ho! Off to bed for me, once the dingoes have had their last little trot outside.
Goodnight All, see you all tomorrow. G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2016, 10:43 PM
Just heard we're on a flood warning - again

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....dates-11882590
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3