Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 07:58 PM

leaking batteries

Hi

is it possible to clean up the battery area when batteries have leaked into it??

Somebody gave me a playmat with a battery controlled mobile above it - however it still had its old batteries in and they have leaked into the unit. By replacing the batteries the thing still does not work but this could be due to the rust/stuff thats on the sensor plate things - is their any way to clean this off ??

any ideas appreciated

thanks
dani
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Give it a scrub with some sandpaper.. or if its hard to get into.. use an emery board or a nailfile.. as long as the contact plates are clear it should work.. you can use boiling water too if its the white powdery stuff but you need to use that on a wet towel or similar..
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
Give it a scrub with some sandpaper.. or if its hard to get into.. use an emery board or a nailfile.. as long as the contact plates are clear it should work.. you can use boiling water too if its the white powdery stuff but you need to use that on a wet towel or similar..

Thats similar to what i've done also,but i used a flat screwdriver to scrape the muck off.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Yep - should work once cleaned up. I used some cheap batteries for the bedroom tv's remote control. They leaked, and I just cleaned the housing up and put new ones it - no problem!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2006, 09:25 PM
JUST MAKE SURE YOU DONT RUB TO HARD COULD SNAP OF THE SPRING THINGY IVE DONE IT BEFORE BUT IM EXTRA CAREFUL NOW ALWAYS REMOVE BATTERIES