Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 07:01 PM

Batteries

Few months back,i bought some rechargable batteries for my digital camera complete with charger from the local market for my sins.Its a 'Uniross' type with AA batteries,but i gotta problem!

1)The batteries dont seem to hold a charge
2)The batteries dont seem to know when they're charged or flat
3)The batteries take about 17hours to charge instead of the quoted 11.5

I know the whole kit only cost me £10 so not a great deal,but this isnt normal is it???

This morning,i loaded the batteries in camera and the indicator in the LCD showed it as having only 2/3rds power and that was before i took any bloody piccys! I switched off then on again and then it said 'batteries depleted-camera shutting down'.

I took the batteries out then reinserted them and when switched on-it showed the power as being full.

The pack was still factory sealed when i bought it,but do rechargable batteries have a use by date like conventional ones???
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:04 PM
steve you wont be the only one having probs with this make of batterie,i bought two uniross chargers and had 4 batteries with each one after a few months you cannot charge them at all they are totally dead,i got hold of uniross and explained what was wrong and they asked me to send all the batteries back and they sent me knew ones not the red ones but the green and there fantastic
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
My batteries do that after they gettin older Steve.... First lot lasted a couple years (with a lot of use) before they started to act up axactly as you describe. I'd be sending em back if I were you, sounds to me like they faulty.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I know that my camera batteries have a 1000 charge life.

What kind are they? Ni-Cd or Ni-MH?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
steve you wont be the only one having probs with this make of batterie,i bought two uniross chargers and had 4 batteries with each one after a few months you cannot charge them at all they are totally dead,i got hold of uniross and explained what was wrong and they asked me to send all the batteries back and they sent me knew ones not the red ones but the green and there fantastic
These ones Jen are 1300mAh which are silver with Uniross printed in red.I chose this type cause the blurb reconed they were best for digital cameras.I always thought rechargable batteries were good for 1000 discharge/recharges,but i would estimate mine have are upto 20 so its not through over use!

Thing is-i threw away all the paperwork which came with it.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
mine are black band at bottom then silver then red with uniross written on them well i sent mine back without packaging and recieved 12 new batteries
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I have had the Uniross chargers and batteries and not really had any problems with them Steve. I got the batteries with the charger from Argos. Mine usually takes about 6 or 7 hours to charge I think. I now use a one hour duracell battery charger with duracell rechargeable batteries and thats brilliant because I always forget to charge the batteries until its too late
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
mine are black band at bottom then silver then red with uniross written on them well i sent mine back without packaging and recieved 12 new batteries
Thats these ones Jen so it appears the fault is with this range. What a bummer!!! I just went onto Uniross's website and thats no use what so ever!

Is it possible for me to buy then charge another manufacturer's batteries in this charger???
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
steve certain batteries will not charge in other make chargers my brother has the uniross charger for the green batteries and the ones i originally had you cant charge in them but the ones they sent me i can still use with my old uniross charger
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Thanks Jen for the address so i can send the batteries back!!! It'll save my sanity!

Steve xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >