View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Is this the start of the no make up revolution then!
Becky
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I put it on maybe once or twice a month if I'm going out for the evening, but for work and everyday I do'nt bother.
Think I'm rebelling about having to trowel it on over the years I worked in the air
There's no better makeup than the glow in your cheeks when you run your dogs
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm so glad we're all weird together!

Like Louise13 and Madmare, I'm more likely to be covered in something else! Chicken dirt, dog hair, dog dirt, soil, mud, sawdust etc than foundation, mascara and eyeshadow!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Is this the start of the no make up revolution then!
Becky
Noooooh! I dont wear it often, coz I dont go out very much but when I do go out I couldn't go out without my mask on when I say mask - mascara and lipstick!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 10:46 AM
In my early to mid twenties I wouldn't leave the house without make up on, even if I went to post a letter I would put at least foundation on. At the time I was single, going out a lot, had a job as an exhibition organiser so what I looked like was important. Or maybe I was just more self concious back then & it mattered to me what people thought I looked like.

Now I am in a long term relationship, work for my dad & the place I go out most often to is a field to take Max out!

If I'm going out with friends I do wear some make up (just foundation and mascara) but may stop that soon as I have got so used to my 'naked' skin that I think I look odd with make up on.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I'm the mascara queen! I LOVE mascara and have gone through just about every one there is. I have settled on Mac Fibre Lash. All my stuff is Mac as it's good quality and is one of the best brands for my skin tone. I own foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher and this stuff that gives me a nice glow.

On a day-to-day basis, I wear mascara and vaseline but on the odd occasion I go out I like to make a big effort. Makeup should be used to enhance what you have, not make you look like a clown. If it's obvious you have it on, you're either going for that look or have done it wrong.
I totally agree, you don't have to plaster it on like that old woman who owns the papershop in Corrie does!!!! That IS bad!!! A bit of light tinted moisturiser protects you from the elements and gives a tad of colour so you don't look all pasty during the winter, a small amount of mascara, do your hair and voila! I know what my husband would rather see, and maybe that's why I've managed to keep him interested for 26 years!!! I spent too much time walking around like an old tramp, and when you get to the stage where everything's going South, it doesn't hurt to take a bit of pride in yourself I don't think! I'm NOT talking of a made up clown, just enhancing what you already have, to me, it makes me feel better, especially when I get a few looks from young men!!! Oooooooh y
ungggg maannnnn!!! I think these "new men" are spending more time getting themselves ready in the mornings than you lot are!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
A bit of light tinted moisturiser protects you from the elements and gives a tad of colour so you don't look all pasty during the winter
I think that was part of my original make up problem!

I'm so pale (think milk bottle pasty) and I 've got lots of freckles that any tinted moisturisers/foundations/powders stand out a mile. I never found anything that blended with my skin tone enough to look "enhancing" rather than "clown like"!

Mascara was no good, as I have itchy eyes most of the time, so it ended up either spread round my eyes or clumped up where I'd rubbed my eyes! Much easier to not wear any!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Lol! If ever you DO want to start wearing it, with your complexion, I would pay a visit to one of the numerous make-up counters at Boots, say Estee Lauder or something. They will help you with the specific moisturiser or cover up specifically for your skin type and colour and you'll be amazed how they could camouflage it without it looking caked on - honest! Things have changed now, except that old woman in Corrie doesn't know about it!!!!) As for the mascara I suspect yours was quite old and went all claggy (bit like my skin!!!) They don't charge for this service, I had one done when I first started using a bit of make-up, and although I bought loads, I never use much of it, i.e. the blusher, the eye shadow, lip liner etc. it's all a bit too much for me! When you get ooooold less is more I think!!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Well it seems I am in a minority I wear it every day, I don't wear much just a bit of foundation , mascara, and lippy.....if I go out I take a little more time, and put some blusher and eye make up on.

But in saying that, it does not bother me if I am seen without....if I take dogs out early I don't bother.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 01:30 PM
You sound the same as me with it Jackbox, so maybe we won't be in the minority soon if more people come in here then!!!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >