Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilwhalebro
New Member!
Female 

20-03-2017, 10:37 PM

Dog pottying inside after getting puppy

Hello!

We got lab/golden mix puppy about six weeks ago, he is 12 weeks old now (I know we got him too young). Our other dog is an 11 month old shepard mix, we got him when he was three months old and he was already potty trained. We have lived in our apartment for about six months.

My main questions is that our other dog has started going potty in the house again last week. We went to the vet and ruled out any medical reason, she said it's probably behavioral. Like since the puppy goes potty in the house he should be allowed to as well.

Both of the dogs are kennel trained and we go on a walk right after we let them out. The older dog will go potty on the walk and then again as soon as 15min later in the house. He won't ask to go outside or give any indication that he needs to go. We have had other dogs of various ages and breeds with our 11 month old and he's never had a problem.

Thank you in advance!
bongo's_handler
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Put the older dog on the puppies' schedule. When you take the little one out, take the older one, too. Let them relearn it together, and praise both of them like there's no tomorrow when both of me go potty outside. Hope this helps!