View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2013, 06:53 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Wednesday).

Still no visa news except that the Nigerian woman flew a hundred miles yesterday to the Embassy or High Commission or something to sort her end out and sent Gorden the stuff he needed this end eventually after days of requesting it, so he could fill out the online form here that he needed to complete. It took the money and gave him the date of picking up the visa on the 20th Feb he will be flying back that day if he ever gets there.
He informed the Agency here and the woman in Nigeria and they have not got back to him yet and he will be off the radar most of today. So goodness knows if it will come off and it has had £300 of the money forwarded to him from the agency for the visa which at the moment is useless due to the pick up date, he has planned nothing for the course as he has spent all his time sorting out what this other woman in Nigeria should of done weeks ago.
Kazakhstan have not sent any contracts and they say they want some of them out there by the 25th February so not sure whats happening there either. I do know we are both heartily sick of it.
Eldest brother is taking mum today to see this home he has found round the corner from him and which has a room available but she would have to decide today if she wants the room or not. I think he is also taking her to see the flat with the warden today too but she would have to be assessed and wait for a vacant one.

Weather seems nice out there so far. Milder some snow still laying around but hopefully it will be on its way today and not returning for very long time. Same old here running Michael to the tube, walking Dillon, housework and washing not necessarily in that order.

June lovely pictures yesterday of your gang.
I do hope Sasha's people get in touch today to settle your mind. I expect she is fine though but you went through so much with her she will be the hardest one to let go.
Malka I hope whatever was upsetting you yesterday is better today.
Mini I hope you are feeling better too today.
Harvey I hope you have not woken to being snowed in today.
Glad to to read the haircuts went well.

I am hoping we have no poorly humans or pets today and if we do get well soon.
Stay safe out there everyone and have a nice Wednesday.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning Lynn /morning everyone
Hope Gorden gets things sorted soon ,you must be sick of it all now
Woke up to the White stuff again oh for some warm sunny weather !!!
Hope all peeps and dogs are well
A Blackbird flew into the window yesterday ,smashing the outer pane of the double glazing ,what a fright we got ,5dogs going crazy ,
Spent most of the day trying to get things sorted out ,don't expect today will be much better ,(it had been brilliant day up till then )it's the lounge window which is huge ,it's freezing anyone got a Gas Oven ???????
Hope everyone gets done what they want done ,enjoy walks ,have a good day
Am sending you all this white stuff cos I've had enough .
Take care all stay safe and warm xxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
A Blackbird flew into the window yesterday ,smashing the outer pane of the double glazing ,what a fright we got ,5dogs going crazy ,
Spent most of the day trying to get things sorted out ,don't expect today will be much better ,(it had been brilliant day up till then )it's the lounge window which is huge ,it's freezing anyone got a Gas Oven ???????
Morning Norma yes sick of it all now.
at the blackbird and the window who'd of thought they could break a window. I hope it is sorted soon and you warm up.
Yuk to more white stuff.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

It must be getting lighter in the mornings cos I'm up earlier wide awake at 6.30 this morning. I was so hot in the night cos I left the heating on higher as they said it was going to be a very heavy frost and very cold, but they were wrong, no frost, no snow. I suppose I could have turned it down, but you don't think that way when you wake up hot and half asleep do ya, you just go back to sleep after chucking half the quilt off you.

Today I am going to ring the new hairdressers and see if he can fit me in either today or tomorrow, or even Friday come to that. I got so much done yesterday, I've earned a day doing something for myself or just nothing, although Dave did give me another mission last night, but I've now forgotten what it is, but it'll come later and I don't think it was a major one.

Lynn, jeeesus Christ, I don't know how you two are managing to keep your cool over this nightmare you're having, by the time everything gets sorted, sounds like the departure date will have come and gone! Good luck with it all, poor Gorden.xx

Going to check the tides and if there's sand, we'll be off down the beach, and if not, then we'll go up on the top again, I love it up there and so does Zena.

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets and enjoy your day
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Norma, blooming 'eck who would have thought that with the safety glass we have in double glazing!!! You've got me really worried now, the way Zena charges up to my big, bedroom window Hopefully, you'll be able to get that sorted quickly, it must be fffffreeeeezing at yours
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Good morning all.

Off to town early this morning to pick up Dave's new specs. Hopefully, they will be OK.

Then it's breakfast at our favourite cafe, long walk to make up for the 'round the block' one yesterday (I was out a lot of the day) and back home again.

I believe they said we might get snow at any time from 2 pm onwards. I do hope they are wrong

January and February seem to be the longest of months while we wait for the winter to play out and spring to start coming in don't they? I love the other three seasons, but I've always hated winter.

Wow, I bet your house is cold Norma. We are so used to being cossetted with double glazing and heating in all our rooms that it must come as a shock when it goes wrong. I wonder how we ever survived back in the days of scraping the ice of the inside of windows and dressing the kids up like Mitchellin Man just to go to bed. Progress ain't such a bad thing after all

Lynn, I'm surprised that you and Gorden have any hair left - I think I'd have pulled all mine out years ago if I'd had half the hassles you two have had just to earn a crust. I hope it all gets sorted for you both today.

Hope everyone is fit and well this morning and all our doggies are raring to go this morning too. To any that aren't of either species, I hope you get well soon.

Have a good 'un all and stay safe xxxx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Never thought a bird could do so much damage ,I assure you they can . Hopefully someone coming today to measure up for new window ,but with the snow now I hope they don't cancell
Yes it's freezing
Hay Ho that's life I suppose
Defiantly Not doing anything today ,think its cuddle up under the duvet at least the dogs will keep us warm !!!!!
Have a good day all
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Very busy day here today. I am off to clean an elderly gentlemans house from top to bottom this morning, then home walk and feed Lily and into town as mum needs some hoover bags . Her hoover is so ancient there is only one place that sells them now. I hate town so dreading that. Then I will go straight from the there to work.

I want to phone the vet as I have some questions about what happened to Kyiro, but I don't know if she could answer them or if she would think I was stupid or a pain for asking.

Lynn I really hope you and Gordon hear something positive soon. What a complete nightmare for you both.

Hope all doggies and humans are well today. Enjoy your day everyone.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn, I can't believe what you an Gorden are going through at the moment and how your stress levels must be hovering on 'extreme' waiting to know if he'll actually get to do either of the jobs ..... unbelievable Everything crossed that you finally hear today. ((hugs)). I hope Dillon is being a good boy for you.

Norma - OMG a blackbird breaking you window That is really worrying as we do get birds flying in to our windows sometimes as there is so much glass You must have just been so unlucky for the bird to break the glass and I'm not surprised your dogs went crazy and how frightening for you hearing it. I hope the glazier turns up and that you manage to get all your other problems sorted out. ((hugs)) for you too.

Chris - Enjoy your breakfast out - it sounds a wonderful idea.

Helean - You deserve a 'you' day after your non-stop day yesterday May be you'll get an appointment today for your hair, but whenever it is we'll insist on a 'show & tell' so we can all see how glam you look. Enjoy your day and your walk with your lovely Zena.

I'm sorry for all of you expecting snow later, keep safe and warm.

I started this thread a good half hour ago but I was interrupted by Rucksack whining wanting to go out again. Thank goodness he did. I can only assume it was the result of him grabbing that discarded remains of the brown bread sandwich he ate yesterday afternoon. He has now had his rear end shampooed and towel dried. The joys of owning a dog with allergies

I'm off to visit my Mum in an hour or so but perhaps will not risk taking the dogs with me
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all

Lynn - how on earth are you and Gorden keeping sane with all this balagan? The men in the white coats would have taken me away years ago if I had had to go through all that just to keep my head above water.

Norma - I thought those double-glazed windows were supposed to be bird proof? You must have had a heck of a fright when it happened - I nearly hit the ceiling when one of my [single-glazed] windows blew in a while back - glass just about everywhere.

Nechda - have you decided what colour you are going to get your hair done yet? How about a nice shade of Dayglo pink?!

Chris - enjoy your breakfast out and your walk and I hope Dave's specs are OK.

Bev - with everything you do it is no wonder that your health suffers. I hope the vet can answer at least some of your questions and I am sure she will not think you are a pain for wanting to know.

I am still feeling rather bleugh and am getting totally piddled off with feeling fine one day and then bleugh, for what seems to be a never ending circle at the moment.

I hope all two and four-legged ones are OK - have a good day everyone.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »