View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Another update and photos from Phoebe's fosterer ...

"
What a cutie!

I love to play tug (when you want to).

That gorgeous Staff smile

Have you seen my impression of one of those cow skin rugs?

We stopped to meet a Great Dane today and Phoebe was unphased, a little submissive with the ears back but not afraid at all as he checked her out close up.

Later as we came home there was a dog (border collie X) in a gated front garden already going nuts at something else over the road, I thought this would be a good test for her so I stopped to talk to the owner. She did nothing at all, nothing whatsoever, nada, zilch, zero, whilst the collie carried on snarling and barking away like she was possessed. Phoebe just stood there, had a sniff, no growling at all, she didn't move back or cower, she just stood there completely unphased! Good girl!!!

We did a separation anxiety test just now and we left Phoebe on her own at home for almost an hour. I'd already worn her out playing before we went out, so she was already in her bed when we left. With a new dog you never know what the reaction is going to be - you have to fear the worse and expect to come back to wee, sick or poo in the house, but she was GOOD AS GOLD! No problems at all. Seems she stayed in her bed as it was warm, with all her toys spread around it.

All in all another perfect day.

K"
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-01-2010, 01:21 PM

Lovely stance and slack lead

See how I 'stay' even though I'm itching to get out into the forest

It's official, I'm an off lead dog

I love to play on the beach

January in the Solent!

I'm coming

Last weekend the hotel manager took me out on an excursion. First we went to the New Forest where I met some horses, I like horses, we're friends. After meeting the horses we went to meet lots of my own kind. I love dogs too, not all of them love me but I'm not bothered at all if they get a bit 'barky'.

We went to an open area of the Forest next and after playing ball with the hotel manageress we all had a good walk (off lead).

Later in the afternoon I thought we'd get some sun and we headed off to the beach. It was really busy here. I had a good run around all the way along the beach. Had a little swim for a minute but thought it was a bit cold, just to check if it was too cold I went in again.

Had to stop at the end of the beach so the hotel manager and the other humans could get a drink, don't know why they hadn't exactly been running about.

After walking back down the beach we got in to the car and made our way home. I have to admit I was totally exhausted when we got back.

Hope we're up to something exciting this weekend.

My holiday here is nearly over and I'll need to be returning to the kennels soon. I really like it here at this hotel, I won't want to leave. I need to find myself a permanent place to stay.

Phoebe x x

Phoebe's time with her fosterers is coming to an end, they have given her a fantastic break from kennel life, but she dearly needs a forever home.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I was supposed to go back to the kennels this week, but the Hotel Manager forgot to book the taxi to the airport, by the time we got there I had already missed my flight.

He said there's not another flight for a week and he's given me a complimentary week at the hotel as compensation, what a nice guy.

But I'm definitely going back next Friday!

x

Phoebe

From Phoebe’s fosterer in Southampton (aka the hotel manager)!:

“OK this is my final appraisal for Phoebe.

Well we've had her for more than 2 weeks and I've only got good things to say about her:

---!!! SHE REALLY IS READY FOR HER PERMANENT HOME NOW !!! ---

She has such a sweet disposition and is such a good girl.

Many of the other dog owners we meet in the forest and out and about comment on how good she is.

She hasn't put a foot wrong anywhere. She's responded well to training (without treats - tough love!) and responds to many commands.

She will play anytime you want to play and then when you don't want to play she'll just chill out with you.

As with any dog she wants and needs exercise, she's been getting walked twice a day or whole days in the forest at the weekend.

She is completely housetrained and she has been left for 4/5 hours a few times without issue.

There are no aggression issues at all, whether it be food or other dogs she is completely at ease with whatever.

If you're looking for a dog that will slot instantly into your life then this is the girl for you! She comes completely issue free!

What more can I say? She'll be going back to kennels on Friday which is an awful shame for one so beautiful. Even if you think you live too far away I can promise you it'll be worth the journey.

She will steal your heart in the blink of an eye.

Check out my previous posts on this thread to see more details about Phoebe.

A huge THANK YOU to Karen and Dee and EVERYONE at Rescue Remedies for bringing us together and for all the EXCELLENT work they are doing.

x

Kelv”

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Delighted to report that this dogs has now found a forever home!
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2