View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Everyone is really surprised when they see me in the summer because I look so much thinner
I wear lots of layers, three jumpers if it is very cold and thick tights with a long skirt or trousers with my wellingtons

I only put the heating on in the house in the evening so add a blanket to my layers when sitting to watch TV or on the PC .
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Ok, looks like I'm the only one so far to post the evidence This pic was taken in October on the Cornish coast. Underneath my ultra stylish waterproof trousers, coat and hat, I was wearing long Johns, thermal vest, t-shirt, jumper and jeans. My darling OH took to calling me 'Eskimo Nell' all week. Such an attractive look don't ya think!
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Everyone is really surprised when they see me in the summer because I look so much thinner I wear lots of layers, three jumpers if it is very cold and thick tights with a long skirt or trousers with my wellingtons

I only put the heating on in the house in the evening so add a blanket to my layers when sitting to watch TV or on the PC .
Same here! In the pic above I look as round as I am tall!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:04 PM
When walking the dogs typically:

Jeans or occasionally walking trousers. My legs don't ever get cold.

For the top half, t-shirt then either a regular hoody or one of my microfleeces (I have one by The North Face and one by Craghoppers) which are lightweight and EXCELLENT for warmth. Then either my Craghoppers waterproof jacket that is fleece lined or my Sherwood shooting jacket.

Then I wear a regular hat (kind of like a beany hat with those tassle things that hang down, no idea what they are called?) and fingerless gloves.

Socks, I usually wear just any old ones, or if it is super cold I'll put two layers on or my thick hiking socks.

Then finally for footwear I have either my Merrells walking shoes or my Aigle Parcour Iso wellies, which are neoprene lined and very warm and comfy.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
When walking the dogs typically:

Jeans or occasionally walking trousers. My legs don't ever get cold.

For the top half, t-shirt then either a regular hoody or one of my microfleeces (I have one by The North Face and one by Craghoppers) which are lightweight and EXCELLENT for warmth. Then either my Craghoppers waterproof jacket that is fleece lined or my Sherwood shooting jacket.

Then I wear a regular hat (kind of like a beany hat with those tassle things that hang down, no idea what they are called?) and fingerless gloves.

Socks, I usually wear just any old ones, or if it is super cold I'll put two layers on or my thick hiking socks.

Then finally for footwear I have either my Merrells walking shoes or my Aigle Parcour Iso wellies, which are neoprene lined and very warm and comfy.
OMG those fingerless gloves, what are they all about!!! I wore them once, and my fingers went all white and numb and felt like they were gonna drop off....never again! Why do you wear them I've often wondered why people wear those???! I can easily hitch on a lead with a pair of woolly gloves and my doggy bags are already prized open and stuffed into my pocket before my walk

Oh Angie you look....eeerm.....dressed for the occassion shall we say????!!! I must get some waterproof trousers coz I'm fed up with coming home in wet jeans! Don't mind the cold, I never feel it on my legs, but when wet yuk! Plus I can't get them off coz they're skinnies!
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Just got back from work (My office is in a portacabin in the back of a warehouse so it is SUPER cold all the time!) and I am wearing:

Tights, leggings, jeans, woolly socks, furry boots, long sleeved top, knitted jumper, knitted cardigan, hoodie, duffel coat, hi-vis jacket, scarf, knitted hat with ear flaps, fur earmuffs (Didn't realise they were fur when I bought them ) and fingerless gloves with little mitten attachments at the end

I do not like being cold, I frequently look about 5 times larger than I actually am because I wear so many layers in winter
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Just got back from work (My office is in a portacabin in the back of a warehouse so it is SUPER cold all the time!) and I am wearing:

Tights, leggings, jeans, woolly socks, furry boots, long sleeved top, knitted jumper, knitted cardigan, hoodie, duffel coat, hi-vis jacket, scarf, knitted hat with ear flaps, fur earmuffs (Didn't realise they were fur when I bought them ) and fingerless gloves with little mitten attachments at the end

I do not like being cold, I frequently look about 5 times larger than I actually am because I wear so many layers in winter
Glad I'm not the only one! Layers are the key. I went to a funeral today and couldn't wait to get home & back into my fleeces (aren't they the best invention?)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OMG those fingerless gloves, what are they all about!!! I wore them once, and my fingers went all white and numb and felt like they were gonna drop off....never again! Why do you wear them I've often wondered why people wear those???! I can easily hitch on a lead with a pair of woolly gloves and my doggy bags are already prized open and stuffed into my pocket before my walk

Oh Angie you look....eeerm.....dressed for the occassion shall we say????!!! I must get some waterproof trousers coz I'm fed up with coming home in wet jeans! Don't mind the cold, I never feel it on my legs, but when wet yuk! Plus I can't get them off coz they're skinnies!
Hahah...because I find the ones that cover your whole hand really annoying and restrictive. I hate having to keep taking them off to do anything (pick up poo/check phone/open stuff etc.) so the fingerless ones are a good compromise. If my hands get too cold, which is rare for me, I stuff them up my sleeves for a bit or in my pockets.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Glad I'm not the only one! Layers are the key. I went to a funeral today and couldn't wait to get home & back into my fleeces (aren't they the best invention?)
I loooove fleeces, they are definitely the best! If I could (If my OH didn't object ), I would wear fleece everything, all the time!
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Although the weather looks quite calm on the pic, it had been blowing a gale and lashing with rain. When needs must I really don't care what I look like (as you have probably guessed!)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >