Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 06:57 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Sunday)

Good morning to you all,

Amazingly my dogs have had a bit of lie in and considering they weren't aware that the clocks had gone back I'm delighted Here in the SE it is very windy but that is meant to ease around mid-morning before the onslaught of the storm which still looks on course to hit the UK after midnight tonight. So batten down those hatches and get prepared .

A quiet day for me today other than a little ironing, clearing more loose objects in the garden and walking the dogs.

I hope anyone who was feeling poorly (and dogs too) are feeling better this morning.

See you a little later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Good morning Jenny and everyone

Yes, we had a nice lie in too Jen, didn't wake up till ten to 8 old time. Enjoy a nice Sunday with the doglets, are you on your own today?

Wow what a night down here Lashing rain like I've never heard before, and I peeked through the curtains up the road and it was being blown up the road in horizontal waves There's gonna be some flooding tomorrow if there's rain like that with this predicted wind......awww gaaawd I'm dreading tonight now.

Pat, hope your shoulder is easing a bit, and that you had a great birthday yesterday, I'm sure the family got in touch on the puter and sang to you on Skype

Hope everyone is well along with the doglets. Zena went lame on us yesterday, seemed to be her right shoulder after lying down, so I gave her a massage and this morning she came racing down the steps from the top and so far, touch wood, she hasn't gone lame on it. I'm doing a quiet walk (ha ha!) this morning, as quiet as possible I won't throw her ball at all and see how she goes.

Enjoy your Sunday and keep an eye on that forecast for overnight.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2013, 07:58 AM

I think that this is the first time that our clocks went back at the same time as yours in the UK! Until now [and a lot of parliamentary fights] ours used to go back just after Rosh Hashana, which was bdooly ridicklemouse.

My neighbour has just been in with the electricity bill, plus a scribbled note of my current meter reading and my previous one, so I had to work out how much was my part. Well it is quite easy but she has to see it so I have to open the calculator on the computer and list it all out.

I hope that Lynn, Gorden and Dillon are beginning to settle in their new home, and that no Dogseyite is attacked by the forecasted storms. [I will refrain from saying that it is hot and sunny here...]

Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Good morning Jenny and all.
Well it's a better morning than some we had in the summer Bright, bright sunshine but I have to admit it is windy. I'm sure it will hit later.
Morning Helena luckily we haven't had that rain so far. I hope Zenas shoulder will be better today.
Morning Malka

Well I hope Lynn had a good night and that she is getting sorted out. Come on Lynn, we are missing you

Well only 7 for lunch today! Chicken and all the bits, piggies in blankets, stuffing and for the first time this winter SPROUTS, I love 'em
Better make a start or no one will get anything.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 08:59 AM
Morning Jenny, H, Malka and all.

I lost a couple of things in the wind last night, its coming straight off the field behind me (downside to having open fields immediately behind your garden), so i am dreading tonight. If I am not on for a few days then its because we have lost our electric too due to the overhead cables.
Charly and Ash are going back to Pirbright today so I think its going to be a long lonely scary night ahead. I wonder if I will be able to get into work in the morning.

Anyway as I may not be around for a few days I would like you to meet Lylah.

I havn't got her yet as her breeder wants to have her vet checked and another worming and flea stuff etc put on, she is 9 weeks old at the moment and I am going to meet the breeder at the vets for the check sometime midweek and bring her home from there.

After losing Lily I can't face another dog and with the hours I work its not fair to bring another dog into the home right now, but I need company when I am here so have decided to get a cat. I used to have cats years ago and do love them. I think I will wait till I retire to have another dog in my life.

Glad Zena is sound again now H, perhaps she had a bit of cramp after laying down.

Housework for me today and will pop up to mums later to see if she needs anything bought in or securing before the storms tonight.

Have a good day all and stay safe if you are affected by the big storm.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Morning Jen,

You snuck in there while I was typing. Good luck with that lunch, sounds yummy.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Jen - how very dare you mention the word "sprouts" - I love them desperately but they are not available here. Maybe frozen from a supermarket but those are not the sprouts that I knew and loved - and miss so very much.

Bev - Lylah is a real sweetie and I fully understand why you feel that you cannot have another dog - YET. But I am happy for you that you will have a four-legged little person to share your life. (((hugs))) xx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Morning everyone,

We are still decorating here today is cutting the wallpaper today ready to go tomorrow. And may gloss the skirting and door frame in the WC while I have the I gloss out to do the kitchen door both sides and the other hall doors too did the frames yesterday.

Madmare - Lylah is gorgeous and will I am sure be good company - and spoilt rotten too.
Got a bit of shopping to do got to pop to the farm shop or sainsburys. And of course dog walking - may even have a go at

So off I go see you all later.

Hope everyone is safe from the rages of the storm.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Bev, what an absolute sweetheart. I am not a cat person and don't think I would ever have one but Lylah is beautiful.
Good luck Kazz, that is my MOST hated job. I will not tackle that for all the tea in China.

Malka sprouts, sprouts, sprouts hahahaha. The frozen ones are an absolute insult to sprouts oooooooo can't wait for my sprouts!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Morning all,

We've got sun at the moment, blue skies with clouds skudding along ..... beautiful and its the first sun we've seen in days It's hard to believe that there is a storm on the way.

Helena - Enjoy your 'quiet' walk with Zena ..... she won't like you not throwing that ball of of hers will she Hopefully her lameness was just stiffness from lying in a strange way. Enjoy your day.
Malka - SNAP I hadn't realised that your clocks change too You didn't refrain from mentioning the sun and heat . Enjoy your day.
Nippy - You sound brighter this morning which is good Only 7 for lunch eh . You are amazing how you are totally unphased by cooking each week for the hoards. I enjoy cooking and 7 is OK but more than that and it becomes a bit of a chore .... unless its Christmas Enjoy your day.
Bev - OMG that little kitten is just adorable and what a stunner. I love her blue eyes A perfect pet and hopefully she'll love having cuddles. Good luck tonight and I hope there is no damage and you don't get too frightened. ((hugs)).Enjoy your day.
Kazz - All the decorating sounds exciting and I'm sure will look lovely when all done. You mention that you 'may have a go at ........?' what we could guess .... Irish dancing, wall-papering, hang-gliding Enjoy your day.

Lynn - We're all missing you here . I wonder if you've tried you new oven yet .... maybe today but maybe a nice roast at a local pub would be even nicer. I hope you and Dillon are all settling in well.

I'm off to walk the dogs now while the sun is still shining on me. See you all later.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »