Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 06:42 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Sunday)

Where is everyone I've got a busy day today but wanted to say hi before I start emptying my clothes cupboard which is overflowing with clothes I no longer wear and take the dogs out.

I'll pop in later but I hope you all had a good night sleep and the dogs are all well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Morning jenny. I have clothes chucking out to do too. Don't think I will do it today though.
Enjoy your walk.

I had a very rare lie-in today to try to catch up with some sleep Dillon has been depriving me of. He woke at 2.30 this morning and was outside for an hour then settled till nearly 7am. So Gorden got up and I got an extra half an hour.
Lovely and cool again here this morning. Another quiet day for us I think . Although I can feel it in my water that Mark may pop round with one Grandchild at least possibly two.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone

Well, we had a lie in here, in fact, the longest ever known in this house, luffly

Sun is shining, it's gonna be a glorious day darn sarf and probably not too hot either cos it's cooled down so much it's like a real summer now instead of living in the tropics.

Busy day yesterday at both vans, then I had all that washing from 6 beds, which is now all washed and dried and ready for the worst bit, i.e. the ironing.

Had an e-mail from a friend yesterday, she's coming down to see me with another friend one day next week and we can go out for lunch and have a good old ketchup cos I haven't seen these 2 since we moved here and they can't wait to see the house. Good idea of theirs to wait until it was almost finished before coming over so I can show it off to them. See Lynn, when you move away from friends, they don't forget you, and it makes it that bit more special when they visit, you make a whole day of it and get to eat out

The gas saga goes on, although I missed an important phone call yesterday afternoon when the new gas fitter was up at the van with the manager, but they now think they're going to change my gas meter, it could be causing all my problems, but with guests in there, he wants to liaise with me. I'm actually hoping he met the new guests and has already liaised with them so that he can get on and do it, otherwise, it will be in October when it's empty here and there.

Jen, I'm sure you're having a banquet today with all the family, so enjoy it.

Bev, I hear you're moving all your fencing to the new house or summat, so hope that goes well

Hope the sun is shining where you are and that it's not too hot, except I know it is where you are Pat, but that's your choice, you must like it in the 30's Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Morning Lynn, you snuck in there when I was typing, but glad you had a lie in too this morning, all that excitement must have zapped you along with Dillon's restlessness.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning Jenny, Lynn and all,

I think Charly and Ash are coming back tonight. I didn't hear anything from them yesterday but I expect they were busy and may have gone to Monkey world. Can't wait to see them both again.

I managed to get my fence and trellis down yesterday that divides my patio and lawn as I will be taking that with me to help with the fencing I need to do at the new house.

Today I am having a massive clean up in the house and clearing out my linen and towel cupboard as its the last day of my holiday today and tomorrow I start a very hectic week work wise.
I have loads of washing that needs doing but obviously no machine at the moment and no washing line that can cope with heavy clothes drip drying, so that will have to wait.

Good luck with the clothes chucking Jenny. I done mine a week ago and gave away 4 bin bags of clothes and shoes on freecycle.

Hope you get your nice quiet relaxing day Lynn.
Take care all and enjoy your Sunday.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Morning Helena oh no the gas saga goes on. I hope the gas man has liaised with your guest and it is all sorted now.
You must be so fed up with it.
My very good friend probably won't drive to where we will be living she is a bit of a nervous driver on her own. Plus she is frightened of big dogs. Which I find hilarious as she has horses two at around 14 hh ponies she had for her daughter but she herself and when she lived at home always had had big horses. She now owns and has done for 7 years a German warm blood who is 17hh and a right stroppy madam at times but that doesn't phase her at all.
She would be though very nervous of Dillon. She cracks me up over this.
Morning Bev. Another busy day for you and another busy week next week. You are going to collapse after your move.
I can imagine your excitement over Charly and Ash popping home.
I really should start sorting things for moving now too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Morning all. All my good intentions of 'getting some stuff done that the girls could assist with - either too bulky for me to shift or requiring too much stretching for me ole bones - have been shelved. It's just too darned hot for the exertion!

My floor length voile net thingies are still hemmed with a zillion pins - Jen is going to take them down for me to hem on the machine before granddaughter gets here and discovers all the shiny pins at floor level - but not today.

Jen took Bella earlier to give me a longer doss around - she checked again for the pups - still no sign at all (food and water still in place) so that's good news really.

Not sure what we'll do today but I think I should enter into the spirit of it for a day and accompany them to a beach instead of just leaving them at one.

We'll see! I am preserving what little strength I have for when all the kiddies arrive and I might be expected to go into Supergran mode!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Lol, that's sooo uncanny Lynn, that she can handle a big 17h stroppy warmblood, a mare at that and yet she's frightened of a gentle bear like Dillon Maybe she could ride the mare over one day!!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning H, you snuck in there while I was typing.
Sorry to hear the gas sags is still going on and good luck with all that ironing. At least not being able to do any washing I don't have any ironing

Lynn your friend sounds another like me being nervous of driving long distances. I think with me a lot of it is fear of breaking down on my own on a motorway or the dreaded A12 . Perhaps at some point I will hire a car and come visit you as its not like you will be the other end of the earth and I would love another cuddle with Dillon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2013, 07:29 AM

I do wish the word "washing" had not been mentioned because I have a linen bin full that needs to be done and unfortunately I do not feel well enough to even sort it. All the performance outside plus a couple of falls have not made Malka a happy bunny at the moment. Unfortunately when I get upset or am in pain it sets off my innards which does not help much. I could really do with going back to bed but I will be up and down like a yo-yo if I do so think I will just have to sit it out and hope for the best.

I hope everyone has a good day today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning Pat. I hope your energy levels start to return. You are not going down with anything are you ?

Helena I know her dad always owned big horses one which was hers and she use to show and jump. The carriage horses they used for weddings could be stroppy too but it was always her that use to step in and sort them out and get them on the box if they were being stubborn.
I remember her one day with a big grey which was her dads and she use to ride so did the stable girls they employed and it was being really temperamental with the stable girl on it she waded in took its bridle and and sorted it out and it knew she was boss.
She walked in here when Dillon was a bouncy naughty puppy and was terrified.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »