Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2017, 06:38 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 4th September

Good morning everyone. Gosh, my nose is running like a tap this morning. I have taken some antihistamine and hope that will dry it up. I have to take Amber out in the rain, could do without that.

I hope everyone else is ok this morning both two and four legged friends.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2017, 07:12 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Rained here overnight but the bitumen paint is still where it should be phew.
Gorden back to work for the week today.

Moyra hope the antihistamine works quickly.

June any news on Kofie ? You are absolutely right sometimes overnight at the vet is a good place to be as long as they are monitored. I know Ollie had to be sedated to be left and we never thought due to his fear of strangers it would be possible but it was and he coped.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2017, 07:34 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope the rain clears for you Moyra

Window cill and stairs look wonderful Lynn. Pleased the bitumen paint survived the rain.

Hope Kofi is ok June such a worry when something happens so quickly.

Dull here with early drizzle. I put my lightweight fleece on to walk Teazle but I was too warm. Out shortly to town to pay bills and sort out a new bank account.

Hope everyone two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2017, 08:28 AM
TW, i wonder could it be an ear problem as your eustachean tube connects the ear to the throat...that can cause a head tilt too as a severe infection/abcess could cause a problem with balance...personally i would have given the anti histamine anyway, so long as you tell the vet what you have done and when they can deal with it, i used to have to carry piriton on my walks when i had diez as she had a severe allergy to stings and if you live where adders are it is advisible too and after i nearly trod on one seemed like a wise move Lol
Morning Moyra ,Sue and Lynn
well what a beautiful day here...NOT!!! it's grey and raining..there has been a chrysler people mover parked up over the road since saturday and the window has been left down the whole time, nobody has been near it, i have checked it is mot'd...no idea whose door to knock on, i think the interior will be very very soggy Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Vet gave her a thorough check, airways, heart etc were fine. Couldn't get near her mouth, she thinks very possibly a sting, could be an abscess but unlikely due to the speed it happened. So she had a painkiller Injection, anti inflamatory and antibiotic infections to cover all bases. She was taking her back this morning and not heard anything. Good thinking about the ear, Griff, could have been stung in it possibly. I told her to drizzle honey into the other side of her mouth, drain and rinse some sardines in brine and try and get them in as the salt and honey will keep the site clean. That's what I did with Lonas mouth and cleared up very quickly after her op.
Been raining and new house has passed the first test, Kesh and Zen all dry and happy.
Glad the bitumen passed as well Lynn
Moyra hope it wasn't too bad for Ambers walk this morning and you are warm and dry
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Hope the medication works June.
Hope you find the car owner griff. Hopefully it won't be to soggy when they arrive back for it.

Window ledge after reinstating mum and dad and her favourite vase that dad won for her at a fair many many years ago. My swan and kingfisher and no one's tilting as it's all nice and straight now.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170904_140659227_HDR.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	5716  
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Lovely Lynn
TW, hope they sort kofie out
The car has gone..went whilst i was out at the vets..no clue who it belongs to
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2017, 03:08 PM
Had a lovely walk in the woods with the girls, was out with Kesh and Zen when all of a sudden they flew off, ignored me when I called them back, rounded the corner and there they were with their favourite birdwatcher,who always makes a fuss of them, always a worry when that happens, but usually its someone they know or a friendly dog they play with when they meet up.
My Blue Magic never turned up Saturday, and not today either Hermes usually excellent at delivery and same couple have done this area for years, will have to clean without it till it appears.
Lynn that vase is so pretty and the ledge looks lovely.
Given yard a good do, hosed down and disinfected rubber matting and now going for a shower, hair wash, a brew after with choccy biccies. Girls tea is ready and I have a couple of hours to myself, added onto the hour or so I spent watching Doctors and Red Rock,when did I ever find the time to work
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2017, 03:50 PM
The beast............dunno if this will work..........
It didn't.......oh well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Afternoon all.
Been at work today and then into Asda. Good thing about and early start i an early finish.....and dog walking
Home now and Brook has been "as good as gold" all day I am told.

Sausage and mash for dinner tonight.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >