Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Julie317
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 01:01 PM

Need help to fight Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis

Hello everyone!
Sorry in advance for any grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.
My dog Trinity was diagnosed multifocal Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis on the 10th of January 2017 and I'm looking for any possible help, advice in treatment and health support or information to fight this horrific disease. Some sources pointed possibility of adding to the traditional treatment holistic and natural remedies , but I could not find any specific product or vets who could advice something in this case. About my dog. Trinity is shih-tzu 3.5 years old and her weight is 3.8 kilos. She had a severe seizures, circling to the right and head tilt, fever, hyperventilation and nearly died, MRI with spinal liquor was provided. Doctor told me that her brain is damaged and she has a small chance to survive, but she did and stayed for 3 days in the intensive care unit of the Vet University of Vienna, Austria, afterwords I could take her back home. At firth she was very week and was panting all the time, wanted to drink a lot, whining like crying, temperature was 39.5, but each day she was geting better and better. She was completely fine for more than 3 weeks, but on the 3rd of January I noticed twitching of legs, back and neck muscles and slight ataxia. We got strait to the hospital and her treatment was changed by increasing the dosege of Prednisolone and adding Cyclosporine.

Her medical treatment.

Prednisolone - twice a day – 5mg for one week, then reduced to 3.75 mg for 3 weeks (now),then I need to reduce to 2.5 mg and in 2 weeks to 1.25 and stay on this dosage for long time. Now 5mg again - don't know for how long.
Cytosine Arabinoside - 100mg once a day for two days every 3 weeks.
Cyclosporine - by weight - don't know for how long
Stomach protection - Omeprazol – 5mg once a day
Liver function – Hepax ( Ganoderma lucidum, Silybum marianum, Cynara scolymys, S-Adenosylmethionone 72g/kg, Bird meat, Milkproducts)- 1 tablet once a day
Renal function – Renes/Viscum comp. “WALA” (homeopathic) - 1ml to drink once a day

For now she is stable, and does not show any clinical signs of the disease.
I would greatly appreciate any advice on what else I can do save my girls life and make it long and happy!
Thank you!
DeeDoglover
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 05:29 PM
Sorry to hear of the diagnosis. Maybe this info can help?

It does say remission is possible!

[link removed]

I wish you all the best and please update. You are doing your best - keep trying, work with the vet for the best treatment!
Julie317
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Thank you!
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2017, 01:16 PM
I hope Trinity will be OK.