View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:19 PM
I love hiking/rambling (which I do with the dogs) which allows me to fulfill my love of nature. I've more or less conquered being able to identify wildflowers from memory, butterflies are probably next on my list. I love to just walk through the countryside spotting things here and there and having the ability to identify what i'm seeing.

I also love photography so take my camera everwhere with me. Normally it's the dogs I take pictures of but I love snapping scenery and insects, fungi, plants etc. My photo album used to be full of car pictures (motors and modified cars took over my life until I had the dogs and that opened up a different world).

I also give up some of my time to transport rescue dogs and help out at the local kennels.

Other than that I just read, catch up on the forums or watch the odd bit of TV.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all the replies folks, Really interesting to see what everyone does with their spare time.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 06:32 PM
When I'm not working full-time or doing dog-things I keep poultry (hens and ducks). I sell eggs and birds, and this year we hatched our first clutch (rather than buying in). I also raise turkeys for Christmas.

I grow fruit and veg at home too, and enjoy cooking and baking. I make jams, jellies and chutneys; mainly for presents.
I also dabble in making soaps, salves and bath bombs, again, mainly for presents.

When I have other spare time (!) I like to read, and go to our local library every week.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Riding! Don't have my own horse, but have plenty of friends that like to share!
I love to read! I read most things! Am really into Mills and Boon books at the moment, although I think they are quite samey!

Not really a hobby, but I love going to work with OH, certain places on his beat make me feel on top of the world! I do love Scotland because of it!

I really am quite the boring 20 (almost 21!!!) year old!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Oh Riding, I missed that out and sailing, but those are them hobbies you can only do when you have time and pennies to do so lol

really am quite the boring 20 (almost 21!!!) year old!
I'm nearly 19 and I dont do a lot either lol
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I keep and breed tropical fish, mainly catfish (ancistrus etc), although I am in love with my clown loaches.

I also do lots of DIY (have made our very own 8ft x 4ft living room display aquarium plus about 10 others for breeding), and I love to read.

I used to draw a lot but just don't find the time these days.

I also like to make websites (anything with a code lol!) and look into genetics ... I generally research anything that interests me until I'm a geek on the topic lol.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Dogs of course!! Goes without saying.
I also love skiing and singing with my band.!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I love watching local bands (rock/indie mainly)
I volunteer read at sons school
I do volunteer work for a grey/lurcher rescue and i foster dogs too

I like to paint and draw
I like reading and photography
I love history - architecture
Interior design and fashion
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow, some very interesting and varied people! Great idea for a thread Grommit I love the idea of handwriting analysis (I blame Criminal Minds) and I have to disagree that airsoft is like a flick - flippin hurt when I did it!

I love photography, I don't have the funds for an slr, but enjoy doing what I can with my p & s and enjoy the challenge!
I (this is going to sound quite sad) love listening to songs and turning them into BSL, it's hard if you don't go for the literal translation but the meaning, but I enjoy it and me and my husband are often seen on the motorway with me signing a song (at the moment I'm working on "Love the way you lie") and him offering help.
I love playing board/card games, it's not cool but I really enjoy it! Favourites include "crap head", Monopoly Deal, Phase 10, Uno, etc...
I enjoy reading, but don't get the time anymore.
I like the idea of gardening, but never get round to it...
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh Riding, I missed that out and sailing, but those are them hobbies you can only do when you have time and pennies to do so lol

I'm nearly 19 and I dont do a lot either lol
I cheat and borrow friends horses!! I've always got time for the ponio's, have cancelled all sorts just to go and muck out and it costs me a bag of treats/carrots every few weeks!! And willingness to do the dirty work, not just ride all time!!

I have friends that I can go and see, but they just wanna go and sit at the local country park and drink and smoke weed, and I don't find that fun anymore! Apparently, I should be older than what I am! Although, I get I look really young. The ages range from 14 to 18!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >