View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
is he in the garage overnight too? i'm a little confused as to what his routine is?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Max-a-million! View Post
No I don't walk him in the mornings, only in the evening for about 1 hour. Do you think I should walk him every morning too?
It could certainly help. It may be that he isn't 'letting it all go' so to speak when you put him in the garden. When you walk them on the other hand they tend to squeeze every last drop out.

Maybe do a half hour walk in the morning and then half hour again in the evening. If he is tired from a walk he will be more inclined to go to sleep in his crate and generally speaking if he is asleep, his mind and consequently his bladder won't be as active.
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
is he in the garage overnight too? i'm a little confused as to what his routine is?
Hi, no he is only kept in the garage in the morning. He is in the kitchen overnight.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
It could certainly help. It may be that he isn't 'letting it all go' so to speak when you put him in the garden. When you walk them on the other hand they tend to squeeze every last drop out.
Maybe do a half hour walk in the morning and then half hour again in the evening. If he is tired from a walk he will be more inclined to go to sleep in his crate and generally speaking if he is asleep, his mind and consequently his bladder won't be as active.
this is so true. lily will do a little tiddle when i put her out in the garden, whereas out on a walk she will do loads!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi, no he is only kept in the garage in the morning. He is in the kitchen overnight.
ah ok. so he is alright overnight and yet destructive in the day?

sorry for all the questions!
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:41 PM

Yes he is a wee machine in the morning! Never had a problem with him overnight!

I must also mention though he used to have a problem weeing when we went for a walk as in he wouldn't wee on the lead, only off the lead which is impossible to do when we take him around the block as he can;t be let off the lead! He would hold it then do it in the back garden! So, in the end I decided to try an extendable lead & it worked!!! I'm sure he is playing mind games!!
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Yes he is a wee machine in the morning! Never had a problem with him overnight!

I must also mention though he used to have a problem weeing when we went for a walk as in he wouldn't wee on the lead, only off the lead which is impossible to do when we take him around the block as he can't be let off the lead! He would hold it then do it in the back garden! So, in the end I decided to try an extendable lead & it worked!!! I'm sure he is playing mind games!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
i never had a problem with jake, he only peed in his crate the first day i had him and he was 7 weeks when i got him.

how come he gets left in 2 different places?
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i never had a problem with jake, he only peed in his crate the first day i had him and he was 7 weeks when i got him.

how come he gets left in 2 different places?
Well I did used to leave him in my kitchen but he decided the cupboards looked tempting to chew! He has stopped teething now so I was thinking of moving him back in there and also before the cold weather arrives but didn't want him to reck the kitchen!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
No I don't walk him in the mornings, only in the evening for about 1 hour. Do you think I should walk him every morning too?

At 7 months he should only be having 35 minute walks in the morning & the afternoon.

What sort of pad are you putting in his crate ?

Are you using a puppy training pad ?

Why is he in the garage in the mornings ?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >