View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 06:45 PM
His colours look quite Casper-ish, especially his ginger ears!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Totally unrelated but I love the little "why are they not taking a picture of meeeee" look going on in the background!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Totally unrelated but I love the little "why are they not taking a picture of meeeee" look going on in the background!
Of Louie? he's just too cute..
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I suppose - just a thought though I guess.
Just to say, I'm visiting a biiiiig Championship show at the weekend, which has 8,500+ dogs entered (It's a Crufts qualifier). I'm going on Working & Pastoral day, and I am hoping to see some Laekies myself - there are 4 entered (if they turn up!).
So I might have some photos for you next week
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Just to say, I'm visiting a biiiiig Championship show at the weekend, which has 8,500+ dogs entered (It's a Crufts qualifier). I'm going on Working & Pastoral day, and I am hoping to see some Laekies myself - there are 4 entered (if they turn up!).
So I might have some photos for you next week
Well after I posted this I enquired the same question to a Belgian shepherd breeder - with photos of Benjie - Belsharose I think they're called - they breed all 4 shepherds and shelties as well - first breeders that came up in the search engine - just asked them the question. I haven't had a reply yet though..

Thank you - I love Groendaals (sp) myself, whereas the OH likes the Malinois (I think it's cos he can spell it )

Can't wait for piccies...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Jan Ralph (Bonvivant) breeds all 4 too
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Well after I posted this I enquired the same question to a Belgian shepherd breeder - with photos of Benjie - Belsharose I think they're called - they breed all 4 shepherds and shelties as well - first breeders that came up in the search engine - just asked them the question. I haven't had a reply yet though..
That'll be Paul Lloyd, who is also a breed judge. I would think he'll say more or less the same as I (and others here) have.

Merlin's father was a Groenendael, who carried the fawn gene and passed it on, so Merlin looks more like a Tervueren. Rue my rescue oldie is a Malinois. I'm hoping to catch up with some friends who breed Belgians at the show.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Probably as much chance of him being a Laekenois cross as there is of me winning the lottery!

He looks like maybe a Lab cross with a bit of something and something else. I don't really see any identifiable 'type', so I'd just call him a good old mixed breed.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
That'll be Paul Lloyd, who is also a breed judge. I would think he'll say more or less the same as I (and others here) have.

Merlin's father was a Groenendael, who carried the fawn gene and passed it on, so Merlin looks more like a Tervueren. Rue my rescue oldie is a Malinois. I'm hoping to catch up with some friends who breed Belgians at the show.
I thought he was a T cross - I don't like spelling the whole name lol - too long and I can get it wrong so easily lol...

Yup it's the Lloyds - I was talking to his wife actually - but you never know he could be - but no one will ever really know for sure there's a high possibility he may not be - but who knows - he'll still be a mutt to me though...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 09:22 PM
I thought he was a T cross - I don't like spelling the whole name lol - too long and I can get it wrong so easily lol...

Yup it's the Lloyds - I was talking to his wife actually - but you never know he could be - but no one will ever really know for sure there's a high possibility he may not be - but who knows - he'll still be a mutt to me though...
Being a fairly curious mind, I looked up the breed statistics for KC registrations for the last 10 years.

In the year Benji was born, there was a grand total of 5 Laekenois registered in this country. There have been 39 Laekenois registered over the past 10 years.

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/down...s-pastoral.pdf

I think it is safe to say it is fairly unlikely.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >