View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Emma, you have worked wonders with her, what a sweetheart she's turned into. She now sounds ready to embark on her next step, into her forever family and thats all down to you. Well done. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
H, is was truly horrid to see her, at first I thought 'oh she is a lot bigger than my boys and was worried if she fear bit at all. But then to see her almost fold in half when she met Louis it was truly heartbreaking and wanted to hug her, but even that would have been too much for her as 'us' humans were to be feared too.
I had a few people mention to me she looks like she will bite when she is in fear mode, but hand on heart this girl never has, she doesn't fear bite, no matter how scared she is. Even the vet put a muzzle on her when she went in to get desexed, I told him she had never bitten even though she may pull her ears back and have that look (and it is only a look not bearing teeth or anything), he didn't want to risk it, so I accepted that, but had great joy in asking if she bite or snapped at anyone , he said no, she was a star.
I swear if I ever met her previous owners I would have a word or two to say, if she chased chooks it was out of boredom and instinctual. If they had bothered to spend an ounce of time on this girl she would have never been in this situation, but then she would never have been hit or dumped in the pound.
Helena, it is going to be a sad day for me when she goes, and but for her it will be a brand new beginning where she can be treated how she should have always been treated.
I can tell from every word you've written there, what a sweet girl she must be, and again, it's only down to YOU, that she has now been allowed to be just that, without fear, without worry that somebody's going to shout at her or hurt her. How these dogs can ever find the will to forgive us humans never ceases to amaze me, but they do don't they. What must go through you mind when you saw her cowering, tembling with fear initially, must make you want to get hold of those previous owners and throttle them, it would me. Anyhoo, she's found you now, and however hard it will be when the time comes, you just have to look forward at the fantastic life YOU have given her ahead in her forever home, and that will help dry those tears for her departure. I really must do this one day, but atm, Dave won't let me have more than 2, but the time will come when I will be doing just as you are Emma, I hope I will be as good at it as you are too! Well done, another little soul saved from a torturous past, I just love it!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Emma, you have worked wonders with her, what a sweetheart she's turned into. She now sounds ready to embark on her next step, into her forever family and thats all down to you. Well done. xx
Thanks Gerri, she is sooooooo sweet, I have never thought of a JRT for a dog breed to own, but Jess has shown me up and now I take those words back, I would own a JRT any day (aside from the fact Lily could have come here anyday ).
In a way I think I have helped her, but she has done so much for me, she has trusted and taken a chance and now truly shines because of that.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I can tell from every word you've written there, what a sweet girl she must be, and again, it's only down to YOU, that she has now been allowed to be just that, without fear, without worry that somebody's going to shout at her or hurt her. How these dogs can ever find the will to forgive us humans never ceases to amaze me, but they do don't they. What must go through you mind when you saw her cowering, tembling with fear initially, must make you want to get hold of those previous owners and throttle them, it would me. Anyhoo, she's found you now, and however hard it will be when the time comes, you just have to look forward at the fantastic life YOU have given her ahead in her forever home, and that will help dry those tears for her departure. I really must do this one day, but atm, Dave won't let me have more than 2, but the time will come when I will be doing just as you are Emma, I hope I will be as good at it as you are too! Well done, another little soul saved from a torturous past, I just love it!
I think that is were dogs and humans are different, they can move on from their hurt and fear and trust again. They don't forget but they know they are safe from it.
And yes I would love to throttle the old owners
LOL at being good at it, I think I am every rescue co-ordinators nightmare, I quiz everything and tell her if they trial them and it doesn't work out she is to come back to me and give them my number and I want dog sitting rights
I think you would be an awesome foster mum, can you adopt me before you get into fostering dogs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Nah! I'd be far too strict for you Emma !!!!! apart from that, my dogs might like you better than me and I don't want that stiff competition!!! Keep up the good work mrs! xxxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Nah! I'd be far too strict for you Emma !!!!! apart from that, my dogs might like you better than me and I don't want that stiff competition!!! Keep up the good work mrs! xxxx
You will have me well trained in no time
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Good on you Emma, you have done such a great job.
I hope Jess finds a lovely home that will love her as much as you do.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2