Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2016, 12:24 PM

Super vet

Did anyone see the programme last night? The story that stood out for me was the 15 week old Golden Retriever puppy, Murphy, who was attacked in the park by another dog and left with horrific injuries to his lower jaw.

Most vets would have suggested pts - and Noel did actually say that was one of the options, but he went on to reconstruct Murphy's jaw.

His story is here for anyone who missed the programme.

http://www.thesupervet.com/murphy/
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2016, 01:30 PM
I watched it and cried all the way through. Unbelievable how he reconstructed that puppy's jaw, I really thought it would end badly, instead it ended happily with the puppy playing back in the same park he was attacked.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2016, 02:09 PM
It was amazing how he bounced back from such a horrible attack - both physically and mentally.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Yeah, a lovely lovely puppy in every way, so happy his life didn't end due to the attack.
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm watching it just now and in bits already ��
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Big apologies have now put this on the right thread maybe this comment can be removed.

I watched and what a wonderful job Noel did. Beautiful puppy I do hope the person in charge of the dog that attacked him was dealt with.
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Big apologies have now put this on the right thread maybe this comment can be removed.

I watched and what a wonderful job Noel did. Beautiful puppy I do hope the person in charge of the dog that attacked him was dealt with.
I was wondering the same Lynn, if the owner of the other dog was even aware of the damage they caused
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same. There is no guidance sometimes. I was thinking whether it was a wise move to take the puppy back to the park actually, but it did show them with friends who were obviously aware of what had gone on and kept their eyes open. Shame it had to happen at all
Often, when dogs come in with hip and/or elbow dysplacia, he never says anything about how it is preventable by choosing a puppy from an owner that health checks. I do know that its not always the case, one of my friends has a GSD from 2 hip/elbow scored parents, low scores, and her hips are in the 30's. One that stood out for me was a GSD puppy that was pts he was in that bad a shape, so his devastated owner then went out and bought his half brother another a St Bernard, they had bought 2, one was pts at 8 months and the other was able to be operated on. All the suffering that could have been alleviated, not to mention the vets bills, by just that one thing that all responsible breeders should do.
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2016, 04:33 PM
I haven't seen the GSD zone (will go hunting for it) but agree 100% that a lot of root causes come from breeding, it's such a shame.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-11-2016, 04:49 PM
I do try to educate my owners as to what health issues there are in my breed and what to look for in an advert, most of them had absolutely no idea until I told them. If you do find the GSD one, you'll sob your heart out, absolutely beautiful boy and he died because his breeder wouldn't shell out LESS than the cost of one puppy out of ONE litter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >