Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 04:36 PM

Front Line For Dogs

Well i rang my vet today and asked how much some front line would be. She told me they only sell them in two ways. First is a 3 pack which would be £27.50ish and the second was a 6 pack which would be £54ish. I seriously couldnt believe how expensive it is. So i done some investigating and have bought some off an online source. My friend has used it before and said they are really good and relieable. So in the end i have paid £24 for a 6 pack. Before i could order the stuff online i had to go to the vets to weigh Pepsi, as she has not been weighed since Dec.

When i went they allowed me to weigh her, and put it on her records. 11.90kg is a bit light for a 8mth old Springer i think. But never mind. Then came the questions of why i was weighing her, so i told them why, and that i have found the frontline £30 cheaper on the net.

Well lets just say they wernt too pleased. But seriously does anyone else pay that from the vets, as i think its so expensive. Or does anyone else buy off the net??
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 04:42 PM
That doesn't suprise me. I use online chemists for wormers and flea stuff, far cheaper.
Becky
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Online for us too and has been for sometime.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Vets are unreal when they price such items. I bought some at the vets a couple of years ago (then I remembered someone saying how cheap it was online ) and swore never again to buying it at the vets, as that was ridiculously priced also.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I always buy online www.hyperdrug.com

Another unknown fact is if you require a prescription from a vets you do not have to buy it from them. You can ask your vet to write the prescription and then purchase the order online for less money.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 07:43 PM
I haven't compared prices yet but our local Co-op chemist is selling Frontline and Drontal. Pets at Home are also starting to sell Drontal so there's plenty choice
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
ive been getting told off people for a while that i should get the stuff online but i didnt realise how cheaper it was. i must say that im totally astonished
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 09:53 PM
My vets will match the online prices for me if I take a printout in of the online price.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Dale's mum View Post
I haven't compared prices yet but our local Co-op chemist is selling Frontline and Drontal. Pets at Home are also starting to sell Drontal so there's plenty choice
I had to buy and emergency pack of frontline spot on for 20-40kg dogs, a couple of mths back, it cost approx £21

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
My vets will match the online prices for me if I take a printout in of the online price.
That is great
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I pay £24 from the chemist for frontline and get the packs of six. Vets do mark up everything by at least thirty percent. I was once charged £14 for pro kolin 15ml pack and at my chemist thats supplied by vet medic online its only £11 for a 30ml tube.