Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2014, 06:19 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone. Beaten Helena today.
Weather a bit overcast here at the moment hoping it will brighten up later.
We are meeting my eldest brother and SIL who live in Downham today for coffee and cake at Denver windmill then we are taking them on too Welney Wildlife trust. Well that's the plan. It is expensive to look round there but you can just go into the cafeteria for refreshments and no charge to sit in there and you can see across the Welney marshes if you sit by the big windows and see the birds.

Haven't caught up with d.a.d will do that when I get my cuppa. Hope everyone and doglets are well If not wishing you well soon.

Elaine hoping Kacie is better today and you had a better nights sleep.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Sounds like a lovely day planned for you today Lynn, hope the sun comes out later to make it even better.

I am leaving in 10 mins to go and pick up some kennel dogs and take them to the All about Dogs show in Ipswich where we will be working on the greyhound homer stand all day. So I am hoping the sun comes out for that too.

Hope everyone else and dogs are ok and you all have s lovely day whatever you have planned.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Morning Bev sorry forgot that was today. Fingers crossed for a nice sunny day. Have a lovely time and hoping you find some nice homes.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Morning Lynn, Bev and everyone

Well you two are having an exciting day......I'm cleaning the van!

I've only just got up, had a nice lie in cos Dave said he'd walk Zena in the woods for me as my guests will be leaving early which means I can make a start before 9 am instead of 10.

Gorgeous, bright and sunny here today, long may it last. Birds are singing away cos I watered the turf last night with the sprinkler, so they're all on it digging up breakfast for their babies. The little robin was following me yesterday too whilst I was on my hands and knees doing the edges, and that bit has done my back in again, but it'll pass.

Haven't been keeping up either, but I'll try later on when my work is done.

Enjoy your day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Happy Easter Saturday.
Morning Lynn sounds a good day for you I hope you enjoy your coffee and cake
MM I hope you have a good day with the doggies, good luck I hope there is someone who would like to rehome a Grey.
Morning Helena glad you were able to get a lie in. Lucky you still having the sun, it is grey miserable andovercast here at the moment.

Nothing much planned here today. May do some more gardening, well I watch more than garden
See you all later x
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I was up early but have managed to get lots done. I've just taken the dogs out for a 1/2 hour romp on the top field because although my friend is coming to walk them with me at 9.30 she walks so blooming slowly that its not much fun for the dogs ....... I'm hoping she won't realise they've already had a walk but suspect she will as their legs are soaking wet up to their knees

The morning started off really sunny but the sun is hiding at the moment, hopefully to come out again shortly.

Lynn It sounds as though you are in for a fun day and that cafe overlooking the marshes sounds wonderful. Have fun and we'll expect a list of all the birds you spotted
Bev You are a good person and a true lover of greys I hope today goes well and you raise lots of funds and awareness for those beautiful dogs. Hopefully the weather will remain kind for the rest of the day.
Helena I hope you find both vans in a good state unlike last week That was nice of Dave to take Zena out for you I spent about 2 hours yesterday on my knees doing the edges of the lawn .... my back is so stiff too but I'm hoping it will ease as the day goes on.
Nippy I hope the weather brightens for you so that you can go and 'sit and stare' in the garden with little Pepsi sunbathing at your feet on one of her many beds You could take your whip with you and give the odd crack if Brian doesn't work fast enough. Enjoy your day.

See you all later.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Morning all
MM hope you have a good day at the dog show and someone rehomes a dog,
Bit overcast here. I don't feel very good today, my chest and right ear hurts hoping it goes, and doesn't turn into a chest or ear infection.
I'm off to SW soon then back home, I'm at work this afternoon. Could do without it but daren't ring up cos they are short staffed as it is.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Morning Nippy Jen and Jenny that will be a list then of big birds and small birds. Bit rude to take my binoculars and bird spotting book maybe when I'm on my own I might do that.
Enjoy your walk.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone, it wasn't very bright first thing when I took Amber out but now it is lovely out there.

Lynn, that sounds a lovely trip out.

Helena, hope your Vans are in not too bad a state this week, nice of Dave to walk zena for you.

Bev. do enjoy your Ipswich duty I hope it proves to be very successful for you and the greys.

Nippy Jen, if you are doing a bit in the garden do work within your capabilities, it is hard when we remember what we used to be able to do.

Mandy, sorry you are under the weather hope you feel better later.

Jenny, hope the dogs enjoy their extra walk. They probably do not mind that your friend takes more time they can double back and forward to their hearts content.

Have a lovely day all, God bless, Moyra. xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Oh no I forgot Helena slaps her own wrist. Morning Helena
don't work too hard at the van. Handy Dave took over the dog walk for you maybe you can finish earlier and have a bit of a rest today.

Morning Mandy hope the chest and ear stop hurting soon.
Morning Moyra sun keeps coming and going here.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »