Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Feeling guilty...

I am going to sound so daft, but on my way home from work tonight, I have almost been in tears, about impending puppy So its probably a good idea that I was walking and know the way home blindfolded But, I am starting to really worry about how the new pup will affect my bond with Jamie... we have a close bond and each morning we have a little cuddle before he goes out... I am really the only one who walks him and does the grooming etc... What if he reacts against the pup and I start favouring the new boy... Please allay my fears!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:14 PM
You won't, believe me, you'll share all the love and attention you've got with both of them, so don't worry! I had this problem when I first got my rescue Georgie, but they spent so much time together, they forget about me anyways! Awwww, don't get worried you'll sort it all out when the puppy arrives. I always made sure Cassie got any attention first, but then that's very difficult when you've got a cute little puppy arriving I know that! Maybe someone can come up with some proper advice for you, mine's just a bit of support that's all, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
You won't, believe me, you'll share all the love and attention you've got with both of them, so don't worry! I had this problem when I first got my rescue Georgie, but they spent so much time together, they forget about me anyways! Awwww, don't get worried you'll sort it all out when the puppy arrives. I always made sure Cassie got any attention first, but then that's very difficult when you've got a cute little puppy arriving I know that! Maybe someone can come up with some proper advice for you, mine's just a bit of support that's all, I'm sure it'll be fine.
Thankyou i am probably just being a daft moo... one of the reasons I am getting D, is so Jamie has a friend, so he not lonely when I am at work... its just Jamie and I have such a bond I don't want his nose pushed out.... Thanks for the support
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
It's like having kids, you do love them the same, and you end up finding room in your heart for all your babies, and furbabies.
I worried when we got Mack, but it just works itself out

It will all be fine, and Jamie will love being big bro
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Jamie's going to be so happy you've got him a little friend, you'll be worried he's gone off you! That's what happened to me!!! I sooooo know what you mean about having that bond and frightened of losing it, but honestly you won't!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Aw thanks guys, knew I could rely on you to cheer me up!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh I wouldn't worry too much, I have a really close bond with Syd as I was quite ill when I got him and we used to cuddle up like spoons on the floor, and we just carried on as normal when Rio arrived, there was just more cuddles to be had. I really think it was the best pressie ever as far as Syd was concerned.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Believe me you will be fine hun.. I have been in the same situation not so long ago when we got Willow. Flower always seemed to take my heart, even when she was being really naughty, I felt I loved Willow, but not the same love if that makes sense?? But now after having 11 weeks now, she has the same place in my heart as Flower... Although in my eyes, Flower is my girl....I picked her and the OH picked Willow.. You will love the new pup just as much...but it does take time xxxx