Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 19th November

Good morning all,

Griff, glad you have wrapped yourself in a nice pink fluffy world. That is just the right thing to do.

Lynn, glad you are feeling a bit better and more optimistic now.

Brenda, I have had a dog named after me when I was a lot younger but never a sheep, bet it is a lovely one just like its name sake.

LG hope the pigeons are recovering well. Harvey how are Casey and Lara doing these days.

Barry, I feel sure you will do ok on the 22nd, Good Luck.

June, I envy you your open fire. This is the first home where there hasn't been one for me. Do hope the girls were good last night.

Jenny and Brian hope things are ok with you has Brian got an op date yet?

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 08:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Very chilly here this morning so hoping that now the sun is coming out that I won't have to scrape the windows on the car. I have wondered if I could leave a candle burning in the car but nope very unsafe. Kaboom!!. Going to have a quick look and see what postings have been since last night and then must away and go training. Only one more to go after today and then a break and who knows what for next year. Have any of you noticed how quickly some months go by and others don't? November seems to be ages getting along. Others flew by. Have a good day all. bfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Walked Amber and the green was white with frost. But it is still a nice morning out and hopefully will warm up as the day goes on.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Morning everyone.
No Moyra no date yet for Brian. He waited 18 weeks for the original op, so goodness know how long he will have to wait this time.
Brenda please don't light candles in the car
Cold but dry and chilly today, nice to see the sunshine!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 09:54 AM
Despite a forecast of heavy rain, it was a lovely morning,even some sunshine. Was going to give the girls an hour to digest their breakfast and get them out for a walk, not stopped raining here for 3 days . Now the sky has a gone a very peculiar colour, sun has disappeared (probably gone to Devon), and I think there is another deluge immminent
Have a lovely day at training, Brenda. Will you be distributing a copy of your testimonial so others can appreciate the value of your classes
LG, on looking at the cover of the Wilbur Smith, I see in small letters the words ' with Tom Cain' so not a proper Wilbur Smith after all I am trying to read a Simon Scarrow book currently, he too has a co author now, and its just not the same and I keep putting it down, just doesn't hold my interest
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Very likely TW

I love reading Jodi Picoult books but so many of hers have a co writer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Just not the same is it Nippy
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you are ok today Griff in your nice pink fluffy world.

Do hope the weather holds for you to get the girls out June.

Fingers crossed Brian gets a date sooner rather than laterer Nippy.

Hope the noise is better today Brenda and you enjoyed training.

Lovely and sunny here after a very frosty start. I was surprised with the frost as it was raining heavily when I went to bed. Teazle has had a good walk and have also picked and frozen another load of sprouts - still more to get bigger yet.

Have a god day and stay safe and hope everyonel I have forgotten to mention are keeping well.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Morning all,- weather ghastly here, most of the snow has been washed away with relentless freezing rain, leaving everywhere a sea of mud. Dogs have been out this morning and were coated in all sorts of mud and muck on their return.
Hope you get an early appointment for your Brian, Nippy, and that they put it right for him.
Brenda - enjoy your last class for a while and try and enjoy your feet-up time, prior to the next bunch arriving.
Moyra - bet you miss not having an open fire - I'd be lost without one. Many a time I've spent an hour or two just watching the flames and listening to the crackling of logs, dogs all heaped up around my feet and the light from the fire dancing around the walls of my study. Very theraputic, the world's cares quickly vanish and a deep contented glow takes over. Gosh! that was all a bit poetic - but I'm sure you get my drift! lol !
June - pity about the book - the devil as always was in the detail. They don't have the courage to put Cain and Smith in equal sized lettering for fear they put folk off and the "cash cow" withers. His last co-written book was to me OK but not quite like the real thing, so to speak! Bits of the storyline that Smith would have written in great detail were sort of hastened along and you lost a little of the atmosphere he creates normally. Oh well! Such is life - I suppose the old beggar can't last for ever and is wringing the last few million out of his unfortunate fans!
Best wishes to everyone for a good day - take care all and wrap up well - will be back later, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Just cross posted with you Sue - wasn't missing you out on purpose. Have a lovely day.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »