Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-10-2016, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Just life in general confusing me Lol..... i worry about the most ridiculous things!
Hi Griff, in some ways I think I know what you mean when you say that. I keep telling myself to concentrate on things close to me.

There is just too much news about now. Just because it's technically possible to put a man (or women) in some jungle outpost (I've never heard of) to report on some dispute (I don't understand) doesn't mean that it's a good thing. The media these days seems determined to make everybody take on the worries of the world just to make their CV look good

Anyone remember the song Stop the World I want to get off. (Sung by Anthony Newly I think)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
However I had her ball with me, and she loves that ball
Why do Utonagans love to chase balls when Newfies don't

Haven't met all that many Newfie owners but those I have met have all said the same thing "Not in their genes"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Will look in tomorrow to continue must get to bed now, goodnight all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Not all of them do like to chase balls, Lona seemed to start it off when I used to take them onto the river when they were about 1, until then they looked at me like I had run mad when I threw a ball for them, general attitude being, well you best go and get it now. Then Lona got transfixed by the ball bobbing about in the water and had to 'catch' it, Cariad followed,and every member of the family has carried it on. Apparently Taran isn't at all worried whether you throw a ball or not, he ignores it, so I think its something that they have copied from each other.
I think there is something wrong with the girls,they are all in bed - again.
Forgot to say what Zen did today. It was a nice afternoon so had the top of the back door open, bolt secured with a lead clip, stepladders leaning against it. Went for a shower before going to training, came down and there was Zen standing at the bottom of the stairs, tail wagging madly. I thought OMG she'll have had the chicken for training, but she'd not touched anything. She may only have one brain cell, but it works overtime
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Goodnight Harvey - it seems that we are as ships that pass in the night! lol !
Odd behaviour from the Bernese lady, June - I'd be inclined to giving her a wide berth, doesn't sound very nice at all to me!!!
Hope all is well with everyone - me? I'm off for an early night, take care all and see you tomorrow.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2016, 10:09 PM
The utonagan chasing balls stuff seems to be a pack thing ... when we had Tai and Ben together, the competitive element enhanced the value of the ball ... now we have just Ben, he is much less interested in balls because the pack competitiveness is no longer there. At the end of the day, play is just ritualised hunting ... when dogs are chasing balls it is practise for chasing prey and to me it is entirely natural that a breed such as utonagans - who are highly intelligent and have a very high prey drive - should be very keen to chase "prey" - ie balls!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Evening everyone,
Been to my cousins little boys birthday party and my gran was there so it was lovely to see the family.
Played ball with Rosie today for a little while as she's seems really 'quiet' today. Not sure why, will keep an eye on her. Could just be one of those days.
Spoke to mum for about an hour today, she's trying to adjust now to life with just her & Buddy ( her springer) she's having to teach him that it's ok for him to be on his own, and that mum is going to come back. Because for the past 18 month he's never been on his own someone has always been with him. So she's doing the 10 mins and then coming back, she says tomorrow she's leaving him longer. Bless him.
Aww look at Zen being a good girl
Good night Losos & LG too
Griff hope you ok
Moyra hope the cold has eased in the morning
Lynn hope you had a good day
Sorry if I missed anyone
Am off to bed now. See you tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Awww Mandy, doubly hard on your mum then trying to sort buddy after losing g your step dad. Not the same but Steve is back to work tomorrow and its the first time molly will be left for anything more than a couple of hours on her own....and it is in the afternoon until around 12.30am
All my dogs have loved the ball
Lol at Zen....I think that is far smarter than she let's on
Losos..I think we should make a pact to just not worry anymore lol
Sleep well LG
Gnasher, how are the plans going for your doggy rental??
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3