View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vilmusius
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I read all the thread. I know you don't know me, but this story touched me and wanted to wish you and Ollie all the best.
boxerdoggem
New Member!
Female 

29-01-2011, 02:35 PM
hope ollie is still making progress lynne i still pop in to check just dont always comment x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by vilmusius View Post
I read all the thread. I know you don't know me, but this story touched me and wanted to wish you and Ollie all the best.
[QUOTE=boxerdoggem;2160729]hope ollie is still making progress lynne i still pop in to check just dont always comment x[/QUOTE

Thank you both for popping in to see how Ollie is.

He is doing ok. Managing still to get outside on his own and up the ramp for going to the toilet and drinking from the pond which is by the back door. He also likes to just go and lay outside and sometimes drops off to sleep.

He does go for his little 2 minute strolls still but does not want to go any further than from the back of the house round to the path and up the path to the front of the house but that is fine and we do this maybe twice sometimes 3 times a week but no more as it does have an effect on his walking if we do it anymore. Like just now he has been in the front garden with me feeding the birds and he loves it because he loves to hoover up the bird food I have to work really quick to stop him eating it all.

He finishes his first course of steroids Thursday and I would imagine Nadia will be putting him on a lower dose as the dose at the moment is very high. We are keeping fingers crossed he manages on the lower dose as well as he is at the moment otherwise it will be re-think time.

We are filling him up with green beans as he is so hungry all the time not helping much but does take the edge off for him a bit.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:38 PM
glad to hear Ollie is still doing well x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Just got off the phone from Nadia and she was blown away by Ollie and his front legs and how much better they are.

She wants him to have another two weeks on the 50mg a day of prednisilone then we will re-assess again and see if he needs yet another two weeks or if we lower the dose and see how he copes.

If he doesn't cope well on a lower dose there is another drug we can try instead of putting him back on the higer dose of prednisilone.

She says she feels he will always be kicking his back legs out now when walking and always have the ataxic roll but in the scheme of things and how well he is doing it is not so much of an issue if he can have the quality of life he is living at the moment.

So quite good news for now.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Great news Lynn, well done for sticking with him Lynn, love to you all, Sorry this so short but my team has just been served xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Oh wow Lynn - I am sure I am amongst a great many on here who is literally whooping for joy for you and Ollie.

My goodness, when your thread first started about him, we never knew quite how things would go - and to read now how fantastically well he is doing, well, it brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

Thank heavens he had you as an owner, so many others would have given up the fight. You should be so proud to have achieved this with him - total credit to you xxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2011, 06:40 PM
aww things seem to be goin good

big big hugs to you and big bear xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Great news Lynn, well done for sticking with him Lynn, love to you all, Sorry this so short but my team has just been served xx
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Oh wow Lynn - I am sure I am amongst a great many on here who is literally whooping for joy for you and Ollie.

My goodness, when your thread first started about him, we never knew quite how things would go - and to read now how fantastically well he is doing, well, it brings tears to your eyes doesn't it?

Thank heavens he had you as an owner, so many others would have given up the fight. You should be so proud to have achieved this with him - total credit to you xxxx
Thank you both. AM you just do it don't you.

We know and Nadia has confirmed it will not be forever and if he does have to stay on a high dose we will not be looking at even a year possibly and the other drug does have its problems too. But it is quality not quantity for us and we know this will end sooner rather than later but while he is doing well we keep going when it starts to cause problems or cannot be treated if it rears its ugy head again then we have to say goodbye.

Ollie is not on the highest dose she would normally do a higher dose than this but because she is treating by gut instinct not actual diagnosis she is allowing a bit of room to play around with the dosing.

She was very honest and said a dog she has had to have on this dosage of prednisilone survived for 5 months, I ask the questions she tells me honestly what we are possibly looking at. But given how bad he was 7 months which would include the 2 months he would of been on the prednisilone already is a good as 7 years to us considering we didn't think we would bring him home alive from the hospital.

It has always been speical with Ollie and every day is even more special now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
aww things seem to be goin good

big big hugs to you and big bear xx
Thanks Layla yes going good for now and we make the most of every day.
Page 120 of 123 « First < 20 70 110 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 >