View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Orli has just been here and given me my flu shot.

But the clinic is only about 100m away so Orli walked here so I have, thankfully, had my flu shot. But the main Health Fund pharmacy only sent ten flu shots and there are a minimum 100 people needing them - no idea why.. Luckily I was considered as needing one and even though I feel rather guilty about the others who need them, Orli just cannot get to them because she cannot walk that far and the road is blocked. And I am so close tpo the clinic so I got my shot.

But it is wrong because there are many other elderlies who need flu shots but Orli can not get to them nor does she have sufficient shots. Not right, is it.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Morning folks
I have just dropped a new box of cotton buds and they are all over the floor. I never knew there were that many in one box.
Anyone fancy a game of pick-up-sticks....... remember that?!
Dry here so far lets hope it stays like it.
Sara, my back is aching for you!
Jenny I hope your foot is better today
Bev poor ponies and I feel sorry for you witnessing it

Sorry brain freeze now, can't remember what else I was going to say!
Have a good Sunday everyone.
I didn't actually witness it Jenny, if I had I would have knocked that bloke clean out. Unfortunatly it was a visitor to the centre I believe that witnessed it. I know the owners of the centre, who asked for it to go out on the social site as soon as it happened in hope someone may see the man or the dog covered in blood. I only live a few mins from there so will be watching round my way for a chap fitting his description with two staffys one of them black. I will then follow him till he goes home and inform the police. There are not that many staffys round here and if he is not the person i am sure he won't mind helping the police find the real culprit.
Meg
Supervisor

13-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Good morning fellow members a grey miserable day which has rather spoilt my plans of a walk before I give lunch to my son and the three little ones. He is looking after them today while my daughter in law visits friends.

The hot pot is already in the oven and I am just about to do poached pears with a chocolate sauce.

Never mind, we will just have to play games indoors instead.

Enjoy your day everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 08:48 AM
My OH has gone out to a car 'do' for the day so while he was watching the Grand Prix I cooked him a huge fry up (he usually does it himself on a Sunday) so he was delighted and he won't need anything else now until tonight. I've walked the dogs but only for half hour as we all got very very wet, but at least they've been out. They are now 'drying themselves' by racing at 50mph around the ground floor of the house ...... more exercise for them too

Bev - That is shocking what happened to those two ponies and as for that poor shetland Hopefully the police (or rescue) will contact all the vets in the vicinity as one of them may recognise the descriptions of the dogs. I can't believe that vile owner would dare walk the dogs in the area again. Are there any traveller sites in the area?
Mind you, police rarely enter them anyway Enjoy your banoffee pie.
Moyra - I hope you enjoyed the GP. There's not a lot to do on a day like this ... not sure if you have rain as well as parts of the country will be dry today. Enjoy your day and lovely Amber will keep you company.
Nippy - I bet you don't managed to get all those cotton buds back in the box looking like they did before they fell out I remember 'pick-up-stix' well I hope it remains dry for you.
Bev -
Meg - Enjoy your day with the family. Its so much easier looking after little ones when they can be outside but I'm sure you'll come up with something to keep them amused. I remember making a big den for my two when they were little using sheets draped over chairs etc etc ... they loved it. Mmmm your lunch sounds lovely
Malka - I would have thought you were more in need of a flu jab than most, given your circumstances. Fortunately the older generation here in the UK are well catered for with the jab. I don't qualify for a free one any more as I'm no longer a carer for my Mum, so I must remember to book mine up at Tesco.

Its raining really hard now and I've got the lights on inside .... so dark The dogs are now asleep after their mad quarter of an hour race around. Think I'll pop off to Waitrose now as I only need a couple of items and they are the closest.

See you all later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Good morning one and all and Happy Thanksgiving to Sara. I love duck as long as it isn't overcooked.

How little time I find to spend catching up on Dogsey and other cyber social niceties while here just hammers home to me just how relaxed and easy my 'lifestyle' is in Cyprus really! (Or perhaps how much time I WASTE on such activities when there!)

First of all - is JENNY the former Jenny.g then '2somethings'? Have you changed your name TWICE in quick succession Jenny?
If it is you (and the clue is in the PARTYING!) Hope your foot is OK soon. I've bought the most comfy boots in ECCO while here - total indulgence as I will only wear them while here (but was sure it would rain non stop!)

Helena
Cooking for largeish numbers doesn't appeal to me AT ALL unless it is one of my famous greasy stews or maybe huge spag bol.

Like Lynn - I don't function well before coffee. I am a 'morning person' and like to get stuff that 'must be done' done early in the day. But then I rise VERY early so it's still 'early' by the time I've got back from my usual first job in Cyprus (walking Bella) I survive on a drink of water before walking her but it's coffee as soon as I get back before I do anything else (well I catch up on Dogsey at the same time and it's usually more than one coffee - usually more than one hour actually!) I start to feel 'human' or 'energised' around 9 am.

Malka
Good news on the road works front. I've had my first ever flu jab this week. (Hope it doesn't result in me getting the flu - it always had that effect on my dad)

Lynn
I'm well out of your loop regarding Mark etc. but glad you've found a sort of solution to one of your worries. That's a sensible solution. I'd sometimes get asked to pick up another child along with Jen by parents who usually collected - couldn't - and didn't even make sure the kid had BUSFARE on them in case they couldn't get to the college to pick them up. Once Jen was attending out of our own town I insisted on her carrying mobile phone and at least a tenner tucked away somewhere just in case of flooded roads and other hazards you can't predict.

Nippy
If you were going to stick those cotton buds in your ears - the bin's the best place for them! Evil things!

Can't gloat about the weather any more! However I think it's been the driest and brightest whole week I've ever spent in Bath to date. Only a few showers and either early morning or late evening. Never once while we were out. Had quite a bit of sun too and Jen (who is here for the weekend with her boyfriend) tells me it is MUCH warmer here than it is in Reading at the mo.

Long physio session in Bristol on Friday for Mart where he was assessed (must say I think they could have given him a sheet with rough reminder details of some of these quite tricky little exercises he has to do.) I've made rough notes and gone easy on him while his sis is here but will be making sure he does the 3 x daily short sessions from now on. Stitches come out tomorrow. More physio next Friday and I think I will be heading back to Cyprus on about the 21st - Jen's half term around then so she will come back just for a bit of company. He has enjoyed them being here this weekend and we've all had lots of laughs (with him holding his incision of course!)

Can't tell you how much I am missing Bella - my lastest update from Roger informed me she is 'much less tyrannical' now. (the mind boggles and I daren't think really - but she will probably be seeking written permission to get on the daybed once I am home) he said there was one day when she didn't want to eat at all and one day when she didn't want to walk (well she went out but didn't want to go far - he said he thought he might have been walking her too far - he is a walking jogging freak). I'm not too worried about either of those things as she gets the occasional day (as do I) when she isnt' hungry and the occasional day when she isn't bothered to walk very far (especially when it's really hot and forecasts tell us it's still around 30 in Cyp).

Other minor niggles on my mind I am trying to blank out - like the fact that my elec bill was the only one that hadn't arrived when I left so still isn't paid - just hope they don't chop my supply!

Enjoy what is left of your weekend. I think we are in for a traditional huge home cooked roast dinner here today. Jen made a lovely fish pie last night but Mart complained that there wasn't enough of it!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

13-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Pereg had another Grand Mal seizure. Life is at a standstill now as she is badly post-ictal.

Got to clean the floor as she lost bladder and bowel control and got to clean her but she does not want me to do.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Morning all

Helena, my goodness, a fry up for 7! I barely manage the three of us.

Malka, glad the resurfacing has begun, perhaps eventually you will be able to get out without having to shuffle on yer bum. Hope the flu jab has no ill effects, Mum always used to get a wee cold after hers (she was a nurse).

Sara, sleep well, that's a heck of a lot of hoofing about.

Nippy, LOL re the cotton buds, I've done that, I usually end up finding some of them months later after I thought I got them all.

Tang, hopefully your lad is good with his physio exercises. Bella is probably having the time of her life but will be delighted to see Mum back.

I'm not long awake, I'm about to go get breakfast before starting on the ironing pile and letting Dougal out. The lads (Brian and Davie) are sleeping downstairs after a night of watching movies. They are getting a fry up later too, so I'll be doing that later on. After the ironing pile I think I'll study for a while.

It's a kind of 'meh' day weatherwise, it's grey, that's about it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Morning,just got up
Where are you all getting this dull weather from The sun is shining here,blue clouds,its been lovely all week. Makes a change for here I know
So sad about the ponies That stupid man Well if you can call him a "man", think he at least should have stayed and not ran off
MALKA,awful situation with the people in need not getting their flu jabs Secretly happy you got yours though Fingers crossed the road will finally be sorted
JENNY,was so looking forward to hearing how amazing your nite was,did you have a good time?
LYNN (( hugs))try not to worry
SARA,goodnight xx
MOYRA,think you were going back to bed.....enjoy
HELENA,up at six...OMG, on a Sunday...no way
To everyone else,have a great Sunday,enjoy your dinner,your visitors and whatever else you're all getting up too
Will pop down to mum's and pick Leah up,Saturday night she sleeps over with her nanny
Sarah is working today,so youngest and I will head out for lunch.Will take Lacey for a hike when we get back,walk off my dessert
See ya later
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 09:17 AM
LORE
So happy to see you made it through the night
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2013, 09:21 AM
Morning Lacey! What's with all this talk of fry ups everywhere? I want one now!
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »