Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 02:42 PM
what a beautiful photo Chlosmum and i hope HRH will let you sleep through Lol
TW, how sad those people are missing, lets hope they are found...if only for closure for their families, must be horrific for someone to vanish and never know what has happened
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No one is ever shut in anywhere unless there is someone delivering into the yard, like the coalman for instance, or stuff being moved in or out. Rest of the time they can come and go when and where they please.Even if I have shut them in, the top door is always left open and they are at liberty to see whats going on and who's there, usually they get much admired and stroked as well.
Started walks and was on my way back with Zen and the rain started, that very fine rain that soaks you through. Had a lovely little formal training session with her, and she's not forgotten a thing, the chicken helped on the memory side I think Because it was raining hard, the others got a short walk round and back home. Of course the rain has stopped now, and we have blue sky and sunshine aaggghhh!!!
Zens been on the river already, Nikki, and there was a fair bit of hole digging carried out by everyone, its in their blood I think, maybe hire her out to an excavation company perhaps.
Environment Agency vans are here again. Apparently there are 2 people missing, separate cases, but missing in this area somewhere. People in their 50's, police helicopter has been out and about and they are doing door to door with photos. I expect they are searching the river with it being so high recently as it has a very strong current when it gets going. As far as I know nothing has been found up to now at least.
OK, if she's not shut in then it's the digging gene come to the fore!! Only my personal opinion, but she wants to dig, she can't dig up the floor so she's "digging" the next best thing - the wooden doors.

I may be entirely wrong of course - after all she is one of the Norties from Tawney Towers!!

I would let her dig as much as she wants out on the riverside. You will never cure her from wanting to dig, so it's doing no harm allowing her to dig outside of your property. We found it very useful to have Hal when we wanted to plant a tree in the garden and needed a large hole dug!! Good always comes out of bad!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 03:12 PM
They all love to dig, great trenches are dug along the 'beach' when we're on the river. No one has every attempted what Zen has done though. Cariad and Lona ate through the back of their house at the time and through next doors fence (the side that doesn't speak to me) and once ate the hosepipe, those were the absolute worse things they did. Mabs and Keshi were pretty good really, Mabs dug a hole in the laminate floor in the kitchen when one of her babies got out at a very young age, she was obviously trying to dig a hole to hide it. I came down one morning to a baby that could barely toddle firmly attached to its mum and a great hole in the floor.
All the others were in their nest fast asleep. Keshi has been pretty good, I can't think of anything dramatic she's done.
Just been to top up the car with LPG - £7.70
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 03:34 PM
i think you are all very tolerant Lol one of mine destroyed the stairs carpet, my dads glasses, my knickers, shoes etc and that did my head in
TW, thanks for the advice you gave me about the dog who wasn't eating...he has been eating ...twice a day but isn't well at all, i think he will be making his final journey and i have been asked to go in and cuddle him as he goes....i was very touched to have been asked to do that
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
They all love to dig, great trenches are dug along the 'beach' when we're on the river. No one has every attempted what Zen has done though. Cariad and Lona ate through the back of their house at the time and through next doors fence (the side that doesn't speak to me) and once ate the hosepipe, those were the absolute worse things they did. Mabs and Keshi were pretty good really, Mabs dug a hole in the laminate floor in the kitchen when one of her babies got out at a very young age, she was obviously trying to dig a hole to hide it. I came down one morning to a baby that could barely toddle firmly attached to its mum and a great hole in the floor.
All the others were in their nest fast asleep. Keshi has been pretty good, I can't think of anything dramatic she's done.
Just been to top up the car with LPG - £7.70
Yup they do all love to dig.

Hal excavated the whole of our back garden over the 10 years of his life. He ripped and chewed a hole through our kitchen door when he was a puppy and we were trying to train him to sleep in the kitchen!! No chance!!

He chewed with his puppy teeth the legs of an antique nursing chair and the kitchen chair legs.

He swallowed countless numbers of Holly's socks - all of which were safely retrieved from one end or the other - and chewed the crotches out of several pairs of my knickers whilst they were in the basket in front of the washing machine.

But digging was his biggest misdemeanour - our back garden was literally one big minefield of trenches and holes!!

Tai did not dig much, and neither does Ben. Tai would dig on the beach, as would Ben. Hal could dig a hole 2 feet deep in less than 2 minutes! How I miss that dog
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the dog, Griff. Its horrid when this happens, we all know its going to, but its so hard coming to terms with the loss of a long standing friend and family member. Am dreading Cariad and Lona leaving me, every time one of them slows down a bit or something doesn't seem right I'm on tenterhooks.
Not a sound from next door or sign of life. When I was out giving the girls tea and putting fresh beds down I noticed a white van parked right across my back gate, think its his brothers, but why park at the back, why not the front when he goes in through the front door, why park at the back of my house as well and not Jeff's. Questions to which there will be no answers, at least its quiet and I can hear the telly without the constant yapping echoing through my head.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Hello all,
Been to work and it was sooo busy well after 11pm tonight, all Sainsbury's pharmacy become Lloyds. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Lauryn took Rosie out today and said she's was really good girl
Aww hugs about the dog Griff
TW fingers crossed that you get to the bottom of the chewing, hugs and hope it stays quiet for you
Moyra hide the keys
Am watching Mr& Mrs then going in bath
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Oooo well good news about the quietness TW
Mandy, enjoy Mr and Mrs....i am watching the bake off
Thanks all, I can't get hold of Steve now...i think I upset him as when he asked me to take the dog in I didn't get what he meant...i said I would go in with him and it wasn't until he said he had never took a dog in before and he would call me later and put the phone down that I grasped what he meant...i just hope he calls as I am worried about him, both my parents have said to take him and get investigations and they will pay...how nice is that?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2016, 08:07 PM
That is lovely of your mum and dad, Griff. Hoping you get hold of Steve in time
All the shops seemed busy today, Mandy, carpark was full at Home Bargains, I popped in for some potatoes for Zen as they are half the price there, and there was next to no veg, picked clean it was!!! No potatoes either
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Got hold of him...well he rung me, he is a bit brighter and managed a walk....he has also eaten a bit of dinner, I have told Steve what my parents have said and he was dumbstruck....at least he knows he has options and I have told him of course I will take the dog for his last journey if that's what's needed
TW...i never think of home bargains for veg! Is it payday this week...wonder if that's why there was no veg
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >