Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Some very odd comments here not quite sure what is going on.

I don't think anyone has made very odd comments, there is certainly nothing going on

I didn't think referrals were anything negative hence why I originally posted. Greyhound said that MumToMany meant infractions, not referrals. However as far as I am aware you can't see infractions in member's profiles - so simply asked the question 'can you?' (as in can you actually see infractions in members profiles) - I have neither the time nor the inclination to go trawling through peoples profiles to see if any infractions show up so simply asked the question

So, no hidden agendas, just two people having a conversation (even if one seems to be imply that I knew the OP meant infractions all along, which I didn't). I simply had a different idea as to what 'referrals' were from MumToMany.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post

I don't think anyone has made very odd comments, there is certainly nothing going on

I didn't think referrals were anything negative hence why I originally posted. Greyhound said that MumToMany meant infractions, not referrals. However as far as I am aware you can't see infractions in member's profiles - so simply asked the question 'can you?' (as in can you actually see infractions in members profiles) - I have neither the time nor the inclination to go trawling through peoples profiles to see if any infractions show up so simply asked the question

So, no hidden agendas, just two people having a conversation (even if one seems to be imply that I knew the OP meant infractions all along, which I didn't). I simply had a different idea as to what 'referrals' were from MumToMany.
You are correct Greyhawk sorry I did not make things clear with respect to your post . There is nothing negative about refferals and there is nothing odd about your comments.
However some people seem to be making some odd assumptions, see the above posts re reading through peoples profiles by Mum to Many and the reply by Greyhound ..
Meg
Supervisor

17-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
I don't think anyone has made very odd comments, there is certainly nothing going on .
Here is another odd comment made by a member in this thread (post number 12)..
When I do wish to cause offence I make it clear that I am doing so ....
... this tells me that at least one person here deliberately sets out to cause offence to other members.
People may unintentionally cause offence when posting but to do so deliberately is in my opinion not acceptable and we have a responsibility not to do so when posting on forums.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:29 AM
You are correct Greyhawk sorry I did not make things clear with respect to your post . There is nothing negative about refferals and there is nothing odd about your comments.
However some people seem to be making some odd assumptions, see the above posts re reading through peoples profiles by Mum to Many and the reply by Greyhound ..
I read through some peoples profiles, I got it wrong about the meaning of referrals,Greyhound was correct in what she said, I'm sorry if you think its odd , but it seems to me there is little point in reporting people then, what actually happens when you do, ,Although I see on my original thread that is what you are telling others to do.
And if the moderators are not neutral and there to stop bullying behaviour and keep people in check, than really what is the point at all,if you can't have faith in the system then it becomes everyman/woman for themselves, which is what this seems to be, not a friendly forum at all, although having said that and before anyone else tells me to sling my hook if I feel that way, there are members on here who are fine and supportive, which is why the rest of us stick around.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Here is another odd comment made by a member in this thread (post number 12)..
... this tells me that at least one person here deliberately sets out to cause offence to other members.
People may unintentionally cause offence when posting but to do so deliberately is in my opinion not acceptable and we have a responsibility not to do so when posting on forums.
Oh yes, a lot of people set out intentionally to cause offense rather than to give helpful advice. Sad but true. But i, and others, have reported posts which have quite obviously been just to start an argument and not to help with the problem and nothing seems to get done about it, i never have any feedback from the mods at all
Meg
Supervisor

17-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I read through some peoples profiles, I got it wrong about the meaning of referrals,Greyhound was correct in what she said, I'm sorry if you think its odd , but it seems to me there is little point in reporting people then, what actually happens when you do, ,Although I see on my original thread that is what one member is now telling others to do.
And if the moderators are not neutral and there to stop bullying behaviour and keep people in check, than really what is the point at all,if you can't have faith in the system then it becomes everyman/woman for themselves, which is what this seems to be, not a friendly forum at all, although having said that and before anyone else tells me to sling my hook if I feel that way, there are members on here who are fine and supportive, which is why the rest of us stick around.
Hi Mumtomany sorry I still don't understand, are you saying you read through the profiles of people and when you said you saw referrals as Greyhound said you actually meant to say infractions. I thought as Greyhawk said these were not visible to everyone only Admin, so how did you see them As I mentioned previously they are not discussed on the forums (unless those who have received then choose to do so).

Originally Posted by Jessica
Oh yes, a lot of people set out intentionally to cause offense rather than to give helpful advice. Sad but true. But i, and others, have reported posts which have quite obviously been just to start an argument and not to help with the problem and nothing seems to get done about it, i never have any feedback from the mods at all
Jessica yes this is evident from the post I quoted above.
Report posts are a matter for Admin and not commented on my moderators other than to advise members to use the function.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Some members have raised an issue. They may just be oversensitive, or there may actually be a problem with how new members are treated. Instead of trying to dispell the problem with getting defensive and accusing them of causing 'bad feeling' and 'negativity', why not just investigate it, and act accordingly? It doesn't need to be a huge deal, and this rift would never have happened if it was looked into initially. Actually, wasn't this the reason for the negative reputation points? I thought it was because some members thought they could get away with anything, and that it was to curb malicious posting?

I know for a fact similar things have happened since I've been a member; new members getting upset is not a new phenomenon. The reason I believe it's come to the fore now, is that there are some members that haven't been around for very long, have been on the receiving end of some perceived unpleasantness and find themselves in the same situation and aren't afraid to speak up about it. What's the problem with that?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I read through some peoples profiles, I got it wrong about the meaning of referrals,Greyhound was correct in what she said, I'm sorry if you think its odd , but it seems to me there is little point in reporting people then, what actually happens when you do, ,Although I see on my original thread that is what you are telling others to do.
And if the moderators are not neutral and there to stop bullying behaviour and keep people in check, than really what is the point at all,if you can't have faith in the system then it becomes everyman/woman for themselves,
which is what this seems to be, not a friendly forum at all, although having said that and before anyone else tells me to sling my hook if I feel that way, there are members on here who are fine and supportive, which is why the rest of us stick around.
My feeling precisely ! fair enough if moderators are permitted to post but i'm surprised such obviously biased comments are deemed appropriate.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Post 61 on this thread, Azz explains why he's introducing the Negative Reputation Points (NRPs):

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=102966&page=7

Although I don't really have a problem with the way the forum is, it's clear some do. This shows that Azz believes there may be an issue, and it taking steps to rectify the 'problem'.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Some members have raised an issue. They may just be oversensitive, or there may actually be a problem with how new members are treated. Instead of trying to dispell the problem with getting defensive and accusing them of causing 'bad feeling' and 'negativity', why not just investigate it, and act accordingly? It doesn't need to be a huge deal, and this rift would never have happened if it was looked into initially. Actually, wasn't this the reason for the negative reputation points? I thought it was because some members thought they could get away with anything, and that it was to curb malicious posting?

I know for a fact similar things have happened since I've been a member; new members getting upset is not a new phenomenon. The reason I believe it's come to the fore now, is that there are some members that haven't been around for very long, have been on the receiving end of some perceived unpleasantness and find themselves in the same situation and aren't afraid to speak up about it. What's the problem with that?

I agree but unfortunately we are being painted as the antagonists
Page 17 of 32 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »