Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Yep,he is mostly Ute, with a bit of GSD. Ah, thanks for that, never knew that some N.I had reacted badly to it.

Will look into Panacur, thanks xx
Yeah, I'm sure one actually died if I remember rightly.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I hope that they do Panacur in tablet form. Otherwise, I think Panacur will work out very expensive for you.

I think it works out roughly 1 graduation per kilo. For mine not too bad, as the most I have to give is 3 graduations but for a large breed, well, I expect you'd have to use several syringes!

Maybe they do make Panacur in tablets but, if they do, I have never seen it. I mainly buy online and I pay about £5 per syringe of paste. From the Vet it's about £7 odd, I think.

I use Drontal for most of mine, even the new pups have drontal in liquid form and have had no problems. Just that two of mine vomit them straight back up, strange that Must have some sort of allergy to Drontal, I suppose
No it doesn't come in tablet form, I get the sachets of granules and sprinkle it over their food like snow! it works out about £6 per dog from the vet.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
Yeah, I'm sure one actually died if I remember rightly.

OMG! that is awful

Thanks for the warning xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I hope that they do Panacur in tablet form. Otherwise, I think Panacur will work out very expensive for you.

I think it works out roughly 1 graduation per kilo. For mine not too bad, as the most I have to give is 3 graduations but for a large breed, well, I expect you'd have to use several syringes!

Maybe they do make Panacur in tablets but, if they do, I have never seen it. I mainly buy online and I pay about £5 per syringe of paste. From the Vet it's about £7 odd, I think.

I use Drontal for most of mine, even the new pups have drontal in liquid form and have had no problems. Just that two of mine vomit them straight back up, strange that Must have some sort of allergy to Drontal, I suppose
You can get Panacur Favourites, not exactly tablet form but more like oxo cubes. My two eat them like sweets at worming time

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=174
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
id just use drontal if i was you, i suppose we will never know exactly what is in the Utes, & therefore cannot know sensitivity to drugs
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
id just use drontal if i was you, i suppose we will never know exactly what is in the Utes, & therefore cannot know sensitivity to drugs

That's true , I will do some research into different worming treatments, but Drontal does seem the safest.

He isn't himself at all, very quiet still, has had one lot of runs, so I am going to take him to the vets in the morning, and I will sleep downstairs with him tonight to keep an eye on him.

Thanks very much to you all for your help xxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Hope hes ok , Fingers Xd for him hes so lovely!
SKing87
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2009, 08:05 PM
we use drontal, and have no problems
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2009, 09:34 PM
I always use drontal (won't risk milbemax on my BC ) but i'm going to start alternating with panacur now due to lungworm becoming more common and drontal doesn't cover that but panacur does

Jann
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
I have used Drontal, never had a problem with it in all the years I have used it.
I used mibblemax once at twice the dosage for supected mites under veterinary guidance and was warned to watch him as a lot of herding breeds have a bad reaction to mibblemx it as been known to induce seizures and is supposed to be worse with collies and collie crosses
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >