View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 12:41 PM
We get "The Mesmer Stare" until I say the words "show me" and then Missy trots off and stands by whatever she wants - looking at me, then looking at the item
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Maddy puts her head on you and won't move you til you get her what she wants.
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Toby will bring you toys to play with - if the first doesn't work he goes and finds another... and another... etc. If that doesn't work he will paw you to get your attention, then jump up next to you and paw you some more. Then if it is play he wants and you don't oblige he will take the toys to the top of the stairs and drop them down and chase them himself

If it gets near food time then they will both follow me round till I feed them.

He also shakes his bottom when he gets really excited to see people, if we are at agility etc and he wants to go and say hello to someone he will look at them, look at me and wag his tail till his whole body starts to move too...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:05 PM
just love all these stories.

Anyone who thinks of dogs as 'dumb animals' should really get to read this
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:07 PM
My last dog used to whine or bark at us and we would give him options. E.g "What's up Len, do you want a biscuit or do you want to go out" he would let us know which one it was by tipping his head right over when we said the right word" he was very veyr cute when he did this.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
My last dog used to whine or bark at us and we would give him options. E.g "What's up Len, do you want a biscuit or do you want to go out" he would let us know which one it was by tipping his head right over when we said the right word" he was very veyr cute when he did this.
Very cute Knowing Hoki she'd say she wanted a biscuit and to go out
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:38 PM
our Welshie used to gently headbutt your leg.

Ok now going off for a cry sorry!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:45 PM
'Ella does the "woe is me" bit - she gets up on your lap, sighing and huffing to herself, then puts her chin on her paws and fixes big chocolate coloured hang-dog eyes on you until you take pity on her and either fill up her dish if it's nearly food time, or hold up your palms and say "where is it?" as though you are completely mystified, at which point she will dash off and fetch a toy for you to play with.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Very cute Knowing Hoki she'd say she wanted a biscuit and to go out

Hehe - oddly enough he didn't did this. One day i thought he wanted his dinner as he did the head tilt for dinner, but when we went into the ktichen he pointed to his empty water bowl with a great big head point....if you know what i mean.

He also used to say "woof", sort of when he was trying not to bark. He was faffing and looking at my friend one day and he said "what's the matter Len" so len said "woof". My friend was flabbergasted "you dog said woof, he acutally said woof!!!" ......my answer?

"well what do you expect him to say? Meow?!!!"
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Spike makes wookie noises. Blaze punches me (ok so it's just a paw - but it's a big hefty one and I'm constantly covered in bruises!)

Then I go through the options: Do you want to go out? Do you want to go walkies? Do you want dinner? Do you want a drink?

Spike will either make more wookie noises when I guess right, or do a quick jump and Blaze will jump a little then go off in the right direction, looking back to make sure I'm following.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >