Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 07:00 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Monday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

I thought I'd be last up, cos I went fast back to sleep at 6 am when Dave left and look at the time now Now I feel like I've had a night on the tiles and wish I'd got up when I was awake.

Nothing planned today except walking Zena and getting stuck in to painting outside. I've got friends coming over on the 20th (my unofficial birthday, cos I always have two!) who haven't seen the house yet, so the more I can get done, the more of a bargain it will look. I've got our day all planned, I'm going to book our meal at Maggie's which is a famous fish and chip shop on the beach, it's the best fish and chips in the country (allegedly!) cos Gorden Ramsey and Rick Stein and others think it is and they should know. Then I'm showing them the park and our vans, taking them up on the top of Fairlight, and then taking in all the Olde Worlde shops in the Old Town which one of them will absolutely love. She's a very arty type, loves old stuff so she'll be in heaven. I might have to leave them down there cos of Zena, it's a good excuse, cos those types of shops do nothing for me.

Dave has left me a couple of missions, one of which is going to the tip cos he's had a massive clearout in the garage, it's almost as clean as this house now I can't quite believe it, and he said he never found one grizzly in there on cobwebs. I just hope that doesn't mean they've all moved themselves in here cos the garage was too messy for 'em!!

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets, I haven't been keeping up because I haven't had the time with Dave here.

Looks lovely and sunny again, we're not going to get the rain forecast today cos we're too far east I hope. Enjoy your day everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Morning Helena I overslept too.
Dillon did better last night slept till 3am then wanted to go out to lie outside but not for long did his business came in and went back to bed.
I have woken up with my face feeling all swollen Gorden says it looks a bit puffy and red round the cheeks and generally feeling icky.
I need to feel better it is Gill's last chemo tomorrow and I said I would Maisie sit for them as I haven't been able the last couple of times and it does make it awkward for Peter having to come home to let her out.
It is overcast here and a nice chilly breeze.
Good luck at the tip and booking the fish and chip lunch.

I hope everyone is well today and that our furry friends are well. Plus our reptilian ones.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2013, 07:19 AM

Gave up yesterday so Da Booger had her 11pm meds early - she let me sleep for a couple of hours before out time, then again until 6am so then I got her pills and cheese on the way back to bed, pilled her when the alarm went, then off to zonk again.

Until the binmen came... and as [a] it is yet another new gang and [b] there are bins everywhere because there is still no pavement, so it meant getting outside quick [she heard them going thataway before they came thisaway] to yell out for someone to come and get my bag - I even opened the lid for them!

Then, of course, I had to wake up my single brain cell as I had two daft ditties to post this morning.

Anyone got any brain cells to spare please?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Morning H and all,

Charly and Ash got back about 10.45 last night. It was lovely to see them again. Shame I have such a hectic week at work as I will barely see them while they are here today and tomorrow.

I am going to make some phone calls when I am here today to see if we can go ahead and make a firm date for moving now. I still have to find a job over there though which is getting a bit stressful. Its only a small place so not that many jobs going.

Hope you feel better soon Lynn and your not going down with anything.

Take care all and have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Morning all. Must be a computer virus Lynn coz I took feel quite unwell today. Stinking head cold. No fun at all in this heat and humidity so I will be staying under air con as much as possible. It does at least explain the total lack of energy past few days. Typing on the nexus so won't stay long. Catch you all later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Good morning folks. Off to the opticians in a little while. Seems a lot has happened with my eyes since last years appointment. Now I am having 3 monthly appointments at the eye clinic at the hospital. And of course I have to put drops in daily now which I didn't before. So shall see what they have to say.

Have a good day everyone and take care all, God bless. Moyra.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Dogs have already had their walk and I'm off to drop them at the groomer in 5 mins. Overcast and breezy here which is fine by me.

Helena - Enjoy your day painting and the tip run - I've got to do one later and a charity shop run to drop my unwanted clothes off. Those spiders will still be there just hiding
Lynn - Oooh err a puffy face - maybe you've eaten something that doesn't agree with you. Hope you feel better very soon.
Malka - No spare brain cells here I'm afraid .... if you find outlet let me know.
Bev - I do hope you get a date today for the move. I can't believe you haven't already got one. How lovely to have Charly and Ash back even if you don't get to see them much.

Off now and see you all later.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Pat and Moyra you both snuck in .... catch-up later.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Morning all
Drizzling here this morning and cooler,nothing planned for today,apart from the usual chores.Luke is having a lazy day today,he worked a 12 1/4 hour shift yesterday
I have all his whites to wash,dry and iron.

Lynn I hope you shake off whatever is wrong x

Have a good day all x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Chucking it down here,and its forecast to last all day as well, so not happy about that. Maybe will spur me on to do some ironing because nearly run out of t shirts, plenty of trakkie bottoms left because I've been in shorts most of the time recently, but of course that means I've shorts to iron as well.
Got a little more sleep last night, because I have decided to go along with my friend's suggestion, which is also something Lynn suggested. It will give me peace of mind, it is going sound really peculiar, need to talk to my friend first and do a couple of phone calls and if it is doable I will reveal all.
Did a quick skip out in the kennels and swept the yard whilst everyone had brekkie, now they are all lay with their noses poking out watching the rain.
Have a lovely day Helena, you are very very lucky not having rain, I am missing the glorious weather we've been having and hoping it will be back soon. The jetstream is now underneath us as opposed to being on top of us, it needs to move upwards quickly!!!
Those fish and chips sound so tempting.
Malka, if you find a herd of brain cells or even a tiny flock, please direct one over to me, I can't think straight at the moment. Glad you got to bed last night and had a sleep at least. Must be horrendous with bin men and nowhere to put the bins, it will be like an assault course.
Any more movement on the kerb situation and news as to how long you are to be left stranded.
Lynn, maybe you've been bitten or something, have you had mumps
Bev, lovely that Charly and Ash are home with you even for a short time, hoping maybe Ash is of a mechanical bent and have a look at your car and all the other stuff that has given up the ghost recently. Pity you can't do the move whilst they're with you because at least you'd have some help
Pat, hope you feel less yucky soon, that is not good when you've got family over is it. Loved the piccies from yesterday in the Camel Park, I remember you saying that is your favourtist place when the family are over with you, and the staff know you all
Is OH back today Jenny, your days of freedom are now down to hours if he is. Well there are lots of things for him to do, blind repairs, boat repairs......he will be too busy to get in the way, then again he'll leave a mess and you'll also have to cook.
By the way did son's new gf leave the fake tan on the sheets as well, I did use to use it on my legs and arms but it always left such a mess and smelt horrid I stopped.
I think she went well over the line leaving it all behind her when staying over for the first time.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »