Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2007, 12:11 PM

rescue or welfare in scotland advice needed plz

i was wondering if all rescue and welfare kennels or any related holding kennels to do with welfare of any sort rely entirely on donations for feeding all the dogs or do some have to fund the feeding from their own group.
the reason i ask this is i have managed to agree with a major wholesale pet company damaged pallets of complete dog food .this can be from small tears in the bag etc to dmaged bags when being taken off the lorry. each pallet has around 17 bags on them, all with a variety of brands ie,hills ,bakers,beta and some lesser brand names as well .i had 2 pallets taken immedietly from a welfare lady this week and just had me thinking if there would be any interest in this elsewhere,
i thought this would be the best place to get advice to see if there would be interest in this .
thanks
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 05:16 PM
is this food given free to charities or are you selling the damaged bags? cant figure out what your actually saying lol sorry been a long day.

Mo
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Edited: Not relevent
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2007, 07:49 PM
hi mo, i was really askin if welfare relied purely on donations of food or if some had to buy the food at normal prices you get in shops.that was the main question .
i asked for the reason that i will have the chance of obtaining pallets of complete dog food at a fraction of the nbormal wholesale price and would like to do my bit and offer it to welfare kennels for what i got it for .if i was in a situation to offer it for free i would but as i am scottish it is against my religion and strict upbringing to give anything away for free .though u do run the glasgow half marathon yearly and all money raised goes 2 doggy charities
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2007, 08:12 PM
thanks Jock - have just sent you a private message re. your kind offer.
Jockmcsporran
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-03-2007, 08:22 PM
thanks 4 that ,im not the brightest with a pc but i think ive replied to you
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jockmcsporran View Post
.if i was in a situation to offer it for free i would but as i am scottish it is against my religion and strict upbringing to give anything away for free .though u do run the glasgow half marathon yearly and all money raised goes 2 doggy charities
That made me laugh mate.Well done on your kind gesture though,i thought that was good of you.
Scottish SBT Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

31-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Jock, we have to rely on donations from people or pay the full price for all dog food. As we, Scottish Staffie Rescue, do this from our home we don't have a lot of place to store food. Great gesture though.
Tracie
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Jock,
All of ACC's food is either donated through the wheelie bin in the supermarket, or we buy it at a reduced price from our local pet store. I'm certain that the rescue's near to you would be glad of a bargain as most of them don't have the resources that ACC do and I know many volunteers pay for the food themselves.
It is a very admirable gesture, and I'm sure they will be very grateful Well Done!