View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Ideas from all you dogsey members who stay in central Scotland/Glasgow areas???

Ok, next Saturday I plan to visit my pal in Glasgow she stays near bishopbriggs and it will prob be last time Ben comes too for a while as she is due her 1st baby in April, anyway OH isn't going to football so we thought we might make a weekend of it. I'd also really like to go to the falkirk wheel for a boat trip and or a wander along the canal. So what I need to know is does anyone know of Doggie friendly accomodation/pubs in the area of Glasgowshire or falkirkshire!!??

Only one I can find so far is Inchyra grange (too dear) or possibly Travelodge Falkirk Hotel West Beancross Farm, but its policy is dogs accepted at management discretion. IF they did accept dogs is there any dog friendly places to eat??

Any ideas welcomed

Thanks
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Oh we live 2mins from the wheel (in car/ 10 mins walking)

Not sure about dog friendly pubs etc but will see if my mum knows of any
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm just up the road too,haven't heard of any that allow dogs in,I'll try find out for you though,xxxxxxxxxx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 12:13 PM
hello, the beancross is really nice but not sure about ben eing allowed in- but they have lovely food and you could certainly leave ben in car and eat in conservatory area so that you could see him...
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Try googling "dog friendly Britain". I can`t paste the link as it has a forum so not allowed. I used them when we went away. I also rang the places before hand and explained what I needed and booked in if possible.......Hope you are successful in your search.
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2008, 08:38 PM
dogs trust have list of dog friendly accomadation on their web site. I live near Glasgow but sorry don't know of any myself.