View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 05:10 PM

Creative Zen Micro...again...but I won!!!!

Some of you may remember the problems I've been having with my mp3 player. Basically, OH bought it for me for my birthday in May and I've had 3 replacements since I got it. It's been a nightmare, customer service has been rubbish and it's just not a reliable product.
Anyway, got the last replacement a couple of weeks ago. Went to turn it on tonight on the way home and it was dead. Wouldn't boot up, wouldn't go into safe mode etc. I must have tried it 20 times on the way home. Got home and rang the guy from customer service in Ireland who gave me his direct line last time this happened and told him. I'm sure I heard him say oh s**t under his breath. LOL
Told him under no circumstances did I want another one of this model as I had no faith in it whatsoever. He took my number to ring me back and went to speak to his team leader. He rang back within 5 minutes and offered me a brand new Creative Zen Photo mp3 player which is basically a brand new upgrade and more expensive model. I don't have to return the old one, he's just shipping the new one out. I decided to accept the offer and thanked him for his help.
Got off the phone, decided to try mine again and guess what...it booted into safe mode and let me repair the disk and the b****y thing is working. I'm sure someone is taking the p**s!! Still not sure it won't die completely but for the moment it's working. This means I have a working one and a brand new one on the way.
I must admit I feel a bit guilty but I've had so much trouble with them, sod em!!!!!! They're an international company worth millions! They can afford it and it really wasn't working...honest
sammymax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Think of it as compensation for all the time, trouble, stress and phone bills you've endured. The profit they make on these things is horrendous enough for you to not worry about it JMHO
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Exactly what the OH said! It really has been a nightmare with them and it was £140!!!!!!!
I even threatened to get a cheap Ryan Air flight to Ireland and personally insert the last one in the nearest 'customer service' rep LOL
sammymax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
LOL, good for you. You've certainly paid for it several times over by the sounds of
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks, definitely. I'm sure I've lost 5 years off my life through it all LOL