Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 07:51 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 26th March 2018

Good morning all
on with papering today....never done it on a large scale before, i am dreading it Lol
if i find it too hard, i may well just end up painting the wall and hoping for the best!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 08:22 AM
You will be fine take your time measure twice cut once.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Good morning Griff, Kazz and al who follow

Take it slowly Griff and you will be fine. I enjoy papering but am not an expert its literally one sheet at a time

Hope you and your mum are keeping well Kazz and also your new friend.

Lovely here today. Done the monthly shop and all out away so having a coffee. Might mow the lawn this afternoon. It also want raking but that can wait until another day

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Afternoon everybody. Another nice sunny day here again.

griff sounds like the decorating is coming along well.
Sue hope lawn mowing goes well and Kazz how is the new addition doing and mum ?

Had a bit of a blip here Friday Peter rang to say Gill's cremation is 5th April then back to the house.
Myself, Michael and Margaret and Gorden aren't sure how we feel about going there as she died in the room we will be in and last time we saw her there she wasn't at all well.
Other brother Paul literally saw her there an hour before she died.
Plus she had told Michael she wanted a gathering similar to mums, at a pub with as many friends and family as could make it. Michael discussed this with Peter who said no problems that can be sorted now done a turn around and we feel we have let her down.
So it's been a bit of a sombre weekend. For Michael and me in particular she didn't have a particularly good married life and we are feeling it a bit after this announcement from Peter.
We will see how we feel after the service we may go back for a quick cuppa then stop on the way home for something to eat or just move straight off and stop along the way for something to eat.
Beth is going to come and fed Dillon at tea time and let him out and sit with him for a while so we are not under pressure for time.
Ordered flowers today that was hard.

Hope everyone is feeling well and all four legged friends are to.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2018, 01:32 PM
Hello, trust that you are all well on this fine spring day. Cold (+1C) when I took Max out at about 08:00 this morning - usually try to miss the school children - but we had an early vet's appointment for his annual booster and a general assessment. All fine.

Then a long walk in the big park. It really is a lovely place and popular with doggy people.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 02:27 PM
Lynn, i totally get how you feel, it took me ages to go upstairs at my nans house after my grandad died, if i need a wee i used the cold nasty outside loo with the spiders Lol, after nan died i never went back in her house at all. I think if Gill said she wanted a pub do then that is what should happen, most places give the room for free due to the fact money will be taken behind the bar
Got 5 bits of paper up, started at about 12.30, done round the plug and light switch so hoping it will all be easy going now...won't hold my breath Lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Good afternoon all. Gary had the dentist this afternoon. All I will say is least said, soonest mended

Lynn, why not call for the cup of tea (even drinking it outside if the weather is nice) then the rest of you go to a local pub so that you can feel that Gill got what she wanted?

I always feel that wakes are for those left behind rather than those departed so I'm sure Gill would understand xxx
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

Take it slowly Griff and you will be fine. I enjoy papering but am not an expert its literally one sheet at a time

Lovely here today. Done the monthly shop and all out away so having a coffee. Might mow the lawn this afternoon. It also want raking but that can wait until another day

So from now on I am gong to call Sue "One Sheet"
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

Hello

Yes all good here thanks Gerty is smashing a perfect fit to the household a bit of life but sensible as sensible in the house. Mom good got to have a hearing aid but she is not keen. I am as we are deafened by the TV
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Hello, trust that you are all well on this fine spring day. Cold (+1C) when I took Max out at about 08:00 this morning - usually try to miss the school children - but we had an early vet's appointment for his annual booster and a general assessment. All fine.

Then a long walk in the big park. It really is a lovely place and popular with doggy people.
Glad you have had a good day
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >