Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 28th August

Good morning everyone, real September type morning this morning with all the fog and mist.

Strange pollution problem coming off the sea near Eastbourne. Hope everyone is ok. Doesn't sound good.

I trust all two and four legged friends are ok. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Morning Moyra and all to come after they get their heads off the pillows. Found this Moyra about the pollution. Hope everyone that lives out that way are ok. Have a good day everyone.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...t-sussex-coast
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Hope you both have a good day.

I didn't know anything about the pollution until I read about it this morning. I suppose we are just far enough away from the coast for it not to reach us. Hope they find out what it was and where it came from.

Lovely here this morning and again forecast to be very warm

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Morning, Moyra, brenda, Sue and all who follow.

Lovely day again here sunny and warm.
We are to mark's and Lauren's in a while.

That chemical cloud doesn't sound good does it ?

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Really really hot here so where am i?? Sat in the walkin centre...only a 2hour wait today so it too bad, hot an infected cut only leg
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 12:35 PM
Steve committed the ultimate sin today. He was cutting back the ivy from the flat and chopped through my t.v. and broadband cable. I got onto virgin and the earliest they could do anything is Wednesday afternoon. Fortunately between us we found sufficient cables and connections to make good. Will still need Virgin to repair properly but at least we managed to do a temporary repair.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Oh dear Moyra
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2017, 06:36 PM
My neighbours over the way cut through theirs when they first moved in you would have thought the world had come to an end no sky
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
My neighbours over the way cut through theirs when they first moved in you would have thought the world had come to an end no sky
I can see why they might think that.
I'm a (retired) electrical engineer so have the skills to effect repairs. More importantly, the skills to avoid them in the first place. My brother in law was a repeat offender. More recently, my son had problems with his dimmers.
"Dad, what do you know about dimmers?"
Cheeky git! He knows what I did for a living........
But we got a very nice meal and family visit.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Evening everyone had a lovely afternoon with Mark, Lauren, Joel and Owen who is staying for few days at Marks.
Also George who drove Owen over and stayed for the bbq.
Was lovely to see them all.

Glad you got the wire problem sorted Moyra. One of our neighbours back in harlow cut through his and ours with a pade once. He managed to fix it it lasted years.