Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 05:54 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 23rd August

Good Morning everyone, Looks like it is going to be a good day today, the sun is up early.

Nippy Jen, sorry Kyla's mum didn't pass, she will next time now she has the experience behind her.

Lynn, hope your two boys have done well in the interviews, all a worry while you wait for results. I hope Dillon's paw is much better this morning.

Harvey, that must be upsetting for Casey and Lara hearing the gun shots going off.

LG is away a long time this time, hope he is ok, do miss his friendly banter.

Norma I hope you enjoy your couple of days away.

Brenda, seems very disappointing re the dog training. Not helping with your feeling down either.

Sue and Barry, hope you have made progress with your tree removal.

Have a good day all, stay warm but not too hot and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope your day goes well Moyra. Tree down and now treating the stumps with stump killer, when a bit cooler may try digging round and cutting any rots we can.

Sorry Kyla's mum failed but she will pass next time I think the vast majority fail at least once.

Hope Casey and Lara aren't too traumatised by the shooting Harvey.

Lovely here today and meant to be really hot so must get out with Teazle and if not too hot when I get back will clean the windows upstairs. Thrilling day ahead then

Hope all four and two legged friends are keeping well. Do miss Gordon's banter.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow
We've had a fabulous weekend in York. Didn't get chance to pop on till really late.
My mum phoned yesterday because my step dad has fallen and broke his hip and has been in hospital since Saturday. As you may remember mum lives in Corralejo now. At the moment they say it's too dangerous to operate. Keeping fingers crossed
Looks like it's going to be a lovely day, been up since 5.30 and have washed bedding and pegged it out.
Am off to meet my friend for breakfast shortly so am off to get ready
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Have been out at 6.30 for first walk of the day. Warm out there. Mandy Corralejo looks lovely. Do you get to go for holidays over there? Sorry to hear about your step dad hope they can do the op soon. Off to do nothing much. Hope everyone has a good day. All the curtains are pulled to keep out the sun. Shame but it gets to warm here with no shade to speak of in the front or back garden.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 07:24 AM
Morning Moyra and all to come
Wet &. miserable this morning lucky you with the sun Moyra it's oh that's away yipeeee peace perfect peace just me n muppets
Hope Dillon's paws on the mend Lynn and the boys don't have long to wait re the interviews
Griff hope you get the Meds sorted and your back to feeling more yourself hugs
Sue do envy you a log fire not the same looking at a leccie red glow lol
Mrs m Chlosmum Mandy hope you have a goog day
Losos poor Casey & Lara being upset re gunshot good job you've not got the muppets they'd be going ballistic to get OUT
TW hope there was no midnight chomping interesting to see how zen reacts when the new kennels built with breeze block ��
Nippy next test ll be a breeze for Kyla's mum she'll know what to expect next time round
Brenda have a great day whatever you and Tyto have planned
Just the same old same old today
Hope all poorly get better soon
Take care stay safe what ever you get up to xxxxxx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 07:55 AM
Gonna be a scorcher here today in sunny Northamptonshire apparently!! Bathtime for Ben out on the patio - he used to hate baths because Mike would insist on using cold water from the hose poor dog - I now cart out buckets of hot water, fill up a huge plastic storage box with hot water and then bail some out and cool it down with cold until it is just right for my little treasure!!

The steroid treatment, antibiotics and antibacterial wash seems to be working a treat on his bacterial folliculitis - he now has stopped scratching, and his motheaten look is disappearing. His undercoat needs to grow back and then he will be fine. Poor boy has weed twice in the house - steroids seem to make him less able to hold on. Hard floors, so no worries there.

Hope everyone has a good day x nikki
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Miserable, cold and raining again today but that's what happens when you're generous and send the sun over to the UK!

HRH woke me up at 4.30 this morning wanting to go out, but don't mind because she's been struggling with a UTI for the past couple of months and until last week had been wetting her bed in her sleep. Thankfully she seems to be more or less recovered!

The little black devil isn't speaking to me because this morning I couldn't understand why he was reluctant to move but then discovered he had a clump of dried poo stuck to his bum! Much to his indignation he was put under the shower and offending poo unceremoniously removed. He's now lying on my bed sulking!

Needless to say there's water, water everywhere and I got a pretty good soaking myself... can't believe how much mess a little dog can make! The joys of being a dog owner!

If the weather's like this tomorrow, think I'll take myself and dogs off to the "big city" ... any excuse to spend money, most of which will no doubt as always be spent on the two spoilt brats!

Have to go now to find out why the young lord and master is "yodeling" for me!

Have a great day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Afternoon everyone busy day here so far.
Walked Dillon earlier and the car has gone back to the garage. Drove it to Essex to collect Mark yesterday. Very jerky and lumpy and it is a bit sluggish. Saturday we put it down to getting use to a new car and clutch etc., but there is definitely something not right. Got to the spur to come off the A11 and ping the engine management light came on it had got really jerky a few minutes before that, Mark and I expected it to go into limp mode but it didn't. Thankfully we were half way home at that point.
We couldn't see what the fault was as the computer is fine till after about 30 ins then it goes weird and unreadable we were going to sort that but as it's gone we have mentioned that too.
He was really good about it when Gorden rang this morning he said no problems bring it over and he is going to put it on his diagnostic machine and sort out the computer too.
We need it back by Tuesday next week as Gorden returns to work and I will be doing a few trips backwards and forwards to Essex before the weekend.

Sorry for those that have rain it is so hot here, not complaining though.
Hope Casey and lara are ok Harvey what a shame they are frightened of gunshots must be a bit of a nightmare where you live do they go off often and the crow scarers ?
Hope Ben enjoyed his bath.
CM fancy that finding a lump of poo.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends too.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Just given Amber another short walk, by golly it is hot out there. Still she did what was necessary so she is comfortable for another couple or three hours.

Worrying about the car Lynn hope they can sort it out before you need it again.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Hello all,
Brenda Coralejo is lovely and that where me and Lauryn went in January.
Lynn hope the car is sorted in time for the weekend
It's beautiful weather here, Rosie keeps nipping out, has a sunbathe then gets too hot & comes back in lol
Have a good day everyone I'm off to get ready for work
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >