Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 07:05 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 21st April

Good morning everyone.

Hope Casey, Tyto and Dillon all have a good day

Don't think it is going to be such a nice day today, promise of thunder showers, I think.

Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Morning Moyra. Apologise Kazz, my fingers didn't work properly and spelt your name with a J instead of a K. Both letters by each other on keyboard.
Going to be another warm day but may be showery later. Typical as I have bought new parasols for the garden to go with the chairs. Ah well never mind early days yet for summer to be here. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2018, 08:33 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all to follow.
Warm bu not so sunny today we were out by 7 with Dillon, Gorden now washing cars then poached eggs on toast.
Meeting michael and Margaret later to raise a cup of tea or coffee or drink of choice for Gill's birthday which was yesterday. I was really feeling down yesterday 1st birthday without her. Her not being here for mine was bad enough a week after she died.
Thanks for the hug yesterday Moyra.

brenda hope your daughter is feeling ok after her teeth pulling under anaesthesia. Also best wishes for tyto and yourself of course.
Harvey sorry to hear about Casey. Hope he is feeling better today and that you are doing ok to. Must of been a bit worrying for you.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and Lynn

Hugs to you and family Lynn and enjoy your time with Michael and Margaret. Garden can come and wash my car when he has finished yours

Hope Tyto is ok today and for a long time to come Brenda

Know how you feel Harvey. I had a dog collapse on me far from help but you just have to wait and hope they eventually get up and potter home or back to the car. Hope he feels better today

Lovely morning here, sun shinning and only having to wear a t-shirt. Been busy clearing the en-suite of the rest of the stuff and moving our bedding into the other double room so everything is now clear for Monday.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Happy mid morning early afternoon everyone.

Been out with Gert twice so far 6.30 then 10-11ish she does not do the heat and to be honest would not go out in it anyhow.So nice walk then breakfast and then a nice walk in between putting washing in machine then on the line. Put the ornaments/pictures back in the porch as decorating done now and only needs a pice of anglebead/upstand sort of thing at the back of the cabinet cupboard, to finish it off as wall not quite straight but the cabinet top is.....LOL

Been doing some work in the back garden, got to get a new parasol as if you recall Buster demolished the one last year. And never really got round o replacing it although the awning/sail from cosco called a coolaroo caught my eye as different.

So bits of shopping to go out and do edging/parasol. And considering changing the collur of the outside of the summerhouse which should be called storage unit. If I do paint it will do the brick shed door the same colour just what colour...........I like bright but think that will irritate me over time so maybe a nice soft grey/pale blue/green......choices choices.

Anyhow everyone;
Moyra hope you are improving daily.
Brenda What colour is your parasol may I ask? although to be honest will of brought one by the time I read again.
Lynn I am sure that Gill will be with you, again you could hire Gordon out as I could have hi clean my car too.....lol
Sue Almost E day ie Ensuite day; exciting. You are living life though wearing only a t-shirt and nothing else.......
Losos How scary having Casey collapse, this weather will not help at all either I imagine. My neighbour who now has the StBernard pup had a long coated GSD and his son always cut underneath short to let him tolerate the heat better. As Martin said he may not look great but he is happier and being an old lad too much more content. I know they struggled to find anyone groomer wise so Martin did it himself.
Mandy h ave a god day hope the shopping trip went well.
Chris Glad the walk went well sure your happier your lad is with yo u and getting out and about. Have a good day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Good afternoon all. Overcast and quite cool here today (in fact, I've been freezing as stupidly I dressed for the warmer weather of late).

They had a group of little girls putting on an exhibition today at the side of the cafe we go to. To be honest, they didn't look safe at all. I kept expecting a nasty accident (which thankfully there wasn't), but it did distract from the breakfast.

Gary with us again today (we must be in favour) so again our shorter walk.

I know what you are going through Losos. Sam used to collapse on walks towards the end. I've spent a lot of time sat on the kerb until he was well enough to totter back home. Eventually, we progressed to walks around the garden when walks got too much for him.

The anniversaries are the worst times of all Lynn. Big hugs xx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2018, 04:19 PM
Jazz I got my parasol from eBay £7.85 blue and white stripe. Came within a day. Good value.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-04-2018, 08:56 PM
'evening all

Thanks for all the thoughts on Casey, very relieved to say he is much better today. Saturday is our weekly shop day and I take the dogs for a walk while Mrs. Losos pushes the trolley around

Up to December it had been about 3 miles but we cut it down after Xmas. Today it was 15 minutes max and slow and under the trees and he didn't stop or lie down

This will be the routine from now on.

Have also been out in the garden all afternoon so whacked Good night sweet dreams