Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2018, 06:47 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 13th April.

Good morning one and all, hope you are all in fine fettle.
Lynn, hopefully today will see your decorating finished.
Which will no doubt please Dillon.

Looks like we shall at last get some decent weather next week fingers crossed.

Have a good day all, must get Amber out for her walk. Take care all. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2018, 08:36 AM
ooooooooo i hope we get some nice weather, long over due!!
going to take mum her lunch today, just her this time...last time it was 7 of them!!! Might grab something for Steve as well as he is on lates so by the time he has his first break he is left with Mcdonalds or Subways...neither of which he will want.
Ordered some canvases for my bedroom yesterday, was going to get a biggish black and white one but decided to go for smaller ones which is a sunset scene and will suit my room better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.
Well another wet one today no rain yesterday so things had dried out wellm patio had must've rained overnight so wet again underfoot. At least it was dry for walking Dillon.
It is so grey and gloomy though, so depressing.
Yes decorating finished today skirting boards I did the doors and frame end of last year and second coat round the window. Tomorrow off out to look for a new bit of remnant and possibly breakfast in the pub at the top of the village.
The nice pub which opened end of last month and started doing food yesterday. Within walking distance to.

griff the prints sound nice and hipe mum and Steve enjoy their lunches.
Chris thinking of you and the family. Xxx

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Good morning Griff, Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Sorry to read about your BIL Chriss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hope you manage to find a good remnant Lynn and now Dillon will be happy with his room back to normal

The pictures sound lovely Griff. Hope mum and Steve enjoy their lunches.

Sad day yesterday as we had the funeral of a very good and old friend. The service was well attended with friends but unfortunately the wife seemed to have no relatives.

Dull here but at least it is not misty like it was all day yesterday. Have been out and tidied the edges of the lawn. Would like to
get it cut tomorrow but will have to see if it dries out a bit more

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon all.

A foggy day again here. So very, very gloomy.

My nephew had booked the funeral. It's on the 30th of April. It seems such a long time, but there's a backlog, unfortunately. My BIL is the same as your friend Sue. His relatives all on on our side, but our side has always been his side as he really his one of the family. His only requests were that he be cremated and his ashes put as close to my mum and dad as possible. He always considered them his mum and dad too as his mum died when he was four and his dad died young too. He was mainly brought up by his gran. Sorry, I'm rambling.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Ramble away Chris it helps.
So roughly 3 weeks like it was for us for the wait for Gill's funeral. It is a difficult time as in many ways you just want that day behind you.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2018, 02:19 PM
A bit foggy here too but not as the last couple of days.

One of the places we walk is a king of "no man's land".
It lies between two borough councils and neither takes responsibility for clearing it up and, consequently, it has remained a dumping ground for all manner of trash from beer cans to refrigerators with the whole spectrum between.

How long has this been here?

Really irks me that some people can be such slobs and spoil what could be a nice natural area for others.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Seems to be the norm these days Beseoker. We get lots of rubbish left down the lanes where we walk and fly tipping. The dykes full of rubbish where people clean their take away out of their cars.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Seems to be the norm these days Beseoker. We get lots of rubbish left down the lanes where we walk and fly tipping. The dykes full of rubbish where people clean their take away out of their cars.
We get that here too. Our local convenience store has two bins outside, one for recyclable waste and the other for general.

They are frequently surrounded by food wrappers and drink cans that the local students discard not even five yards from the bins. I clear up some of it and kids watch me do it. As does our local street sweeper.

But the "no man's land" is orders of magnitude worse.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Lynn / Beseoker

We get it sometimes here, not too bad but the closer you get to Thetford the worse it gets.

I am convinced it's down to the lack of parental discipline, and example, just as with dogs, what you teach 'em in the formative years stays with them forever. But the 25 to 40 year old parents today (who were taught in trendy comprehensives and similar schools) were never taught responsibilty for their actions.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >