Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 10th April.

Good morning everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle both two and four legged friends.

Chris, glad you got to see your BIL and I hope they can do some more for him soon.

Lynn, glad Dillon is still managing ok and Harvey Casey too seems to be holding his own. Lara, I guess does her own thing.

Griff, hope you dad gets his lump sorted out without any further problems.

Have a good day all, hope the weather is a bit better today.
Take care, stay safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry about your BIL Chris and do hope they are able to combat the infection and then do something to help him.

Hope your feet are improving with the warmer, if not damp, weather Moyra.

Dull, damp and misty here so that is the garden out of the question. Have managed to tidy the lawn edges round the paths but hard work as so muddy.

Bless Casey still wanting his walks. Hope he continues for a long time to come.

Bargains had then for your new van. I can just see Dillon saying well good night its my bed so out you go

Hope your dad's appointment goes well Griff and there is nothing to worry about.

Belated birthday wishes to your son Bessoeker.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2018, 07:52 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Ok getting right royally annoyed now with this rain. Pleeeaaaasssseeee STOP!!!!.

Do hope BIL keeps showing signs of improvement Chris still thinking of you all.
griff do hope dad is ok. A worry for everyone.
Mandy is Lauryn on the outskirts of Cambridge or right in the city ? It is mostly a good place to be and has a lovely market.
I am sure she will be very happy there.

Another soggy walk on the cards then we must start prepping the living room for decorating. Needs to be done before the van arrives.
Sue we feel sure Dillon will claim the bed in the van hence the awning and the blow up bed for us as we do not have the option we had in the old Bedford when we had Ollie and Gorden sleeping in the cabin above driver seat and Ollie and me sharing the bed.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Good morning all

I too am fed up of this rain ...................agggghhhhhh.

Chris pleased your BIL diagnosis is a little more cheerful than first thought and he keeps showing signs of improvement. Glad you got over there to see him too.

Griff do hope your Dad is gets a good outcome.

Lynn I think your sleeping priorities would be weird to anyone who does not have a dog.....LOL ......sounds great though freedom of the road. And why decorate before the van comes is it sleeping in the living room...............LOL

Moyra Glad you are feeling better all round.

Sue I am with you 10000000000000% wanting to do something and digging mud.

Been busy so sorry for absence. Glad everyone is fine and dandy. Birthdays coming and going and dogs walking.

Gerty and I did a homecheck on Sunday took Gert as they have no had a dog in a while. She was a star and she will be 3 this Friday.

Trouble at work not me lost two suspervisors this week so stepped back into the front line............hence busy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Ha ha Kazz if we don't decorate the living room now once the van arrives it will never get done. Unfortunately the van will have to live outside.
Just ordered the panels so Dillon can have some fenced off space so he won't need staking out. Now looking at mini ovens and kettles and toasters for when we go away for a week or more on sites with electric hook up.

Only dog people would ever understand the sleeping arrangements wouldn't they ?

Ceiling nearly done then tidy up and walls tomorrow. Not sure if it will all get done tomorrow Dillon will be happier if it is done in one day as he is quite put out at the disruption.

Well done Gertie I am sure you made all the difference re: the homecheck.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Hello all
Lynn glad to see the van is coming along, yes Lauryn is in the centre, she says it’s anout a 15-20 minuets walk so that’s good, she’s really looking forward to going now. That makes me really happy & more relaxed about her going. September sounded far away but it’s not really is it.
Griff I hope everything goes well with your dads tests.
Chris hope it gets more positive for you brother in law
Kazz well done to you & Gertie I’m sure Gertie really helped with with the Home check
I’m going to put kettle on, be back soon
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Trust that you are all well and that any/all ailments are on the mend. I just don't quite follow it all.

Been reasonable weather here. Misting rain earlier but it cleared up with a few glimpses of the sun later in the day.
Lots of walking.

A little tail that might make some Dogsey folks a smile.
For Max in his early days, getting another dog's ball was a a game with the ensuing chase. He doesn't do that much, if at all now.

Today, he did something different. Billy, another collie, was chasing his ball. He dropped it when he came over to greet Max (they are good friends). Max picked the ball up.....

Oh no, I thought. But Max took it over to Billy's owner and dropped it by her feet. Billy's owner was rather impressed. For me it was a mixture of relief and, I suppose, a little bit of pride.

We got very lucky with our handsome rescue...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Dillon will be happier if it is done in one day as he is quite put out at the disruption.
Haha, this is what we've learned over the years dogs do not like change they just want everything to be same everday
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Oh no, I thought. But Max took it over to Billy's owner and dropped it by her feet. Billy's owner was rather impressed. For me it was a mixture of relief and, I suppose, a little bit of pride.
Yes Max sounds like a fantastic dog, it doesn't always turn out bad. When we first got Casey he was off lead and in the distance a man with what looked like a small dog. Casey spotted him and trotted away, (me trying to keep up ) I was thinking this ain't gonna end well BUT when Casey caught up it was a puppy and they were playing, licking each other, and puppy jumping up on Casey and best friends
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, hope you are all in fine fettle both two and four legged friends.
Thank you Moyra, yes all is well here thankfully, hope your legs are working OK and that Amber is enjoying the walkies
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >