Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2018, 08:02 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 9th April

Good morning everyone.

Chris, So sorry to hear about your B.I.L. Lets hope he doesn't suffer too much.

Harvey hope Casey is holding up ok with the encouragement of Lara.

Lynn, also hope Dillon is ok right now and all our other four legged friends on the thread.

Griff, hope M and D are getting over their jet lag and you are going to do your chemo this week.

Have a good day everyone, take care, God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Raining here - wet walks.
Son's birthday. He is 37 today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Afternoon Moyra, Beseoker and all to follow. Wet and miserable here again today.
Popped out for breakfast and went to go outdoors had some good deals on an electric hook up for the van and a nice raised blow up bed guess we will be sleeping in the awning and Dillon on the bed in the van.
We weren't planning on going out today but Gorden sent an email re: the hook up to guy doing the van and he suggested go outdoors and they had a half price deal on.

Happy Birthday to your son Beseoker our eldest is 37 in August.
Chris thinking of you and the family. Xxx

Dillon good thanks Moyra still stiff on rising but wants walks and games and seems better when walking guess it's to be expected he is a big lad and nearly 61/2. While he is playful and happy and wanting walks I shan't worry to much than I already do.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are to.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Afternoon all,
Been quite nice today but it’s just starting to rain.
I’ve been for a Asthma review this morning that’s gone ok, she told me off for putting a bit of weight on since last year- I reminded her that I have had a hip replacement since I last saw her! I’m trying to loose it again lol
Lauryn arrived back this afternoon. She’s had a great weekend
Losos - Lauryn is going to Anglia Ruskin University ( Cambridge campus) to study Zooology
Moyra hope you having a good day
Lynn glad you got some bits you need from Outdoors & that Dillon is ok too
Besoeker hope your son has a great birthday
Right cuppa time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Evening all
Chris, so sorry about your BIL
My dad is getting referred to the breast clinic, he has found a lump in his chest... just wanted to remind the men on here it's not just ladies it affects... remember to check yourselves. His brother had some lumps removed when I was a kid so I guess benign and hopefully dad's are too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Mandy - Hope Lauryn really enjoys her life at Anglia Ruskin and sending her my best wishes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
While he is playful and happy and wanting walks I shan't worry to much than I already do.
Same here Lynn, the thing is Casey doesn't know he has a heart problem so everyday with out fail he's ready and keen to get out in the wild and see what's going on

So far when he stops and lies down it's not been for long. In Knettishall there are a few benches and if I see one I will sometimes have a few minutes rest as well
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Good evening all. It's been a long day. I did go over to see my BIL. Bless him, breathing is such an effort.

He had an operation for Oesophageal cancer 2 years ago. Apparently their is a valve in the food tube (sorry, I forget the technical terms) that is removed when they remove the cancer, shorten the tube etc. That valve works as a shut off valve. Without it, it means that laying down means anything eaten comes straight back up. They think that, in this case, it's also allowed a piece of food to go into the lung which has then festered and hence his left lung is one mass of infection.

They are treating as best they can and if (and it's a big if at the moment) they can lessen the infection, they can operate to bypass the place where the food has entered.

The resuscitation team had to go to him three times yesterday. but they haven't been needed so far today so maybe, just maybe he might get through this.

I stayed a couple of hours. He was only awake for 10 minutes or so on and off during that, but I'm glad I went. I'm shattered, but it was so worth it.

Griff, I hope all turns out well for your dad and you are right, it's not only women it affects