Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 09:51 AM

Daily Thread Friday 23rd March

Good morning everyone

Sorry your son had another fit Chris

How is the decorating going Griff?

Nice here at the moment after early rain. Too wet to do anything in the garden today so will see what the day throws at me.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Afternoon Sue and all to follow.
Dry breezy and chilly here today. Waiting for a delivery and it's taking it's time.

Sorry to hear about your son Chris hope you are feeling better today.
Hope your doing ok with the decorating griff.
Mandy hope rosie hasn't been naughty today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Good afternoon all.

Same old, same old today, thankfully.

Hairdressers this afternoon so get ready for the 'woe is me' post to say how much they've messed it up . To be honest, it's driving me nuts at the moment so short, short, short again and get it out of my eyes.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Hi All, I find hairdressers have a law unto themselves when it comes to length. Snip happy. Now then here is a question, a strange one maybe? If you only ever feed your dog the same food and nothing else why do their toilets change colour?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Hope all is well with the hair Chris.
No idea brenda.

Well Dillon is sacked. I had a delivery today of bones for him. Left my message about what to do if out that is what the instructions for message imply.
I wasn't expecting to be but thought just in case. So instructed to come through gates at no.9 down driveway 150 ft length and leave box inside second gate. Dillon has been in the garden all day and had not long been in and back door open and I look up to see a strange man carrying a box coming up the garden.
I thought oh no Dillon will go flying out with his warning bark and frighten the man. No he didn't he went out and greeted him with waggy tail and a big smile as if to say hello I have a new friend.
Delivery driver wasn't phased at all either and fussed him.
He was an independent courier I think as it was not a fedex van parked outside when i checked but a plain white van.
So we now know he is certainly no guard dog not even a watch dog. Only when squirrels are about.
We do not want to get rid of the gate at the moment until we know what is happening with plans for the access road. It is covered at bottom and has wire across the top but we will need a chain and padlock I think so no one can get in willy nilly.
We think if anyone did clock where we live and decided to try to get in to take him he would happily go. He certainly wouldn't warn us the only time he does get barky and on his back legs is when it's dark.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Evening all
Euggghhh decorating...hmmmmm, well i begun stripping the big wall and i had got about 1 strip off when my phone went, Steve...he was at the walk in centre, he had a burst blood vessel in his eye yesterday, today...much worse so he went off to work, did a trip to min and one to allesley and his vision was blurring so he rung up and said he was going to get it looked at...hence the call to me, he finally listened to something i said, anyway i said i would go down, he said it was o.k he would be alright but to be honest i know he gets impatient and angry and would walk out...so i had to get changed, quickly sort my hair and pop down there. I got there and we had about another hours wait but he did wait and get seen, it's all to do with his blood pressure again, it was i think he said 166/80 or something so he has to go back to his own gp. He went home, he offered to bring me back but we live in opposite ends of the city so i said i would get myself back, i had just walked through the door and he had just got back home after walking Molly, i asked if he had called the dr??? NO, i said it was really sweet he had called me first but he should have rung the Dr before me...anyway, up to him if he goes or not
So basically, i have come home, fed the dogs and got back to stripping the wall paper, i am sat down having a coffee and waiting for my roasties to cook and then i will get back to it...i will try to get the ceiling painted as well so i can get back in my bed as that damn sofa is killing me, i am hardly getting any sleep and i got a text at 6.20 this morning from Steve Lol...i swear he has decided if he is up i have to be up
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Don't knock it Lynn. Far better to have a big friendly lad than a big nasty one even if he will never make the guard dog grade

Hair OK. Bit too short on the fringe and a bit too straight on the fringe, but it could have been worse and often has been .

My motto is "it will grow" and at least I shouldn't have to resort to self-doctoring for a while LOL
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Brenda, i have no idea why dog poop changes colour...maybe something to do with Bile and enzymes and stuff?
Lynn, hahahaha...Dillon is a fab guard dog then Lol, my 2 make loads of noise but i reckon deags would be herself and Kota would probs eat Deags Lol
Chris, i hope your haircut has gone o.k...my old hairdresser was really good, i could roughly explain what i wanted and she could produce it and she would rather take a little off and then cut it again than take too much off
Sue, i am certain you will have found something to occupy yourself, you never seem to have a day off Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Aaaahhh yes Chris better that way than aggressive especially given his size.
Don't worry to much about the hair they say it grows quicker in the spring.
griff Poor Steve hope everything will be ok. By the time your roasties have cooked it will be to late to do more decorating.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Lol....i was cheating and using aunt bessies, have scoffed them, having another coffee and going back up, i have no neighbours on the side where my room is so it's o.k if i work late...the neighbour on the otherside is lovely and sleeps at the opposite end of the house
Chris, i used to be of the same opinion, i had my hair shaved back to the bone on both sides of my head...i looked like an escapee from a lunatic asylum Lol...looked fine after about 3 weeks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >