Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2018, 08:09 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 21st March 2018

Good Morning
Euggghhh Wednesday been good and taken the evil tablets...mind, i shouldn't really say that as they are keeping me here
Mum was trying to get booked onto an earlier flight to get out of Boston before the snow...i have heard nothing so no clue if they are just sticking with the original flight, i think it's around 4 am ish there so won't hear from them for a couple of hours yet.
My phone went this morning with a text message, it was 6.25am, bloomin Steve telling me he went to bed at 1am and was back up at 6.15am...i text back asking why he felt the need to wake me up and tell me this and had he text the wrong person? he text back saying good he woke me up and i should turn my phone off....i never turn my phone off (well hospital and Drs). i know why he did it, i have some stuff for him to pick up and he likes to get up, get out and fetch his stuff early, go do his shopping and get back home again, i have left his stuff in the porch so he can just help himself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Afternoon griff and all to follow.
Well done griff taking the tablets. Hope mum and dad beat the snow.
Hope Steve hasn't disturbed you anymore and that you got a better nights sleep.

Lovely sunny day here today ankle feeling so much better so decided to walk Dillon. Debated about the stress boot decided best to wear it glad I did we were able to do our usual length walk and although ankle was a little tired and achy after it was more comfortable than it has been in nearly 4 weeks and not swollen.
Popped out to get Dillon's food I ordered and Welney wash is flooding across the road Gorden may be taking the long route tomorrow. I managed to get through not sure how bad it will be by late today and tomorrow.
Now having a coffee before starting the hoovering.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends are also.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2018, 01:16 PM
Lynn, pleased the ankle is feeling much better..just don't go over doing things (i have learnt that the hard way Lol)
just had to pop out and get the dogs some turkey mince then ended up buying peppers and espresso cans for Steve
He came and fetched his stuff, told me i should be getting on with my tidying and decorating until i pointed out it was wednesday and i felt poorly, then he told me to go back to bed...after he woke me up Lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2018, 02:46 PM
griff usa is 6 hours behind us. Hope all are having a sunny day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Beautiful day weather-wise, but had to spend the morning and part of the afternoon at the hospital for tests (women problems). The journey was not aided by roadwork lights stuck on red both sides. Thankfully thought, it looks like everything is OK so no need to do that again in a hurry.

It meant, of course, that we couldn't go for our usual brekkie so went to McDs this afternoon for burger and chips. A poor comparison to the breakfast, but not too bad and, of course, it got Rosie her (near) usual walk in .
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
griff usa is 6 hours behind us. Hope all are having a sunny day.
Some parts are a lot more than that.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Glad all ended well with the hospital appointment Chris.

Harvey pleased Mrs Harvey is on the mend. Sorry to hear about Casey must be worrying.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Sue wanted it out and we very nearly gave up.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Sue wanted it out and we very nearly gave up.
These old tree & shrub stumps can be a real pain, I've got a couple still to remove. Did you use an axe there's not much else one can use. I refuse to use my saws because the soil just ruins the teeth and unless you want to spend hours re-sharpening you might just as well chuck it away.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Sorry to hear about Casey must be worrying.
Will keep an eye on it, so far he's been able to get up after a few minutes, vet said to just let him takae his time.

Don't give up on the special boot Lynn, it may seem like the ankle is OK but better safe than sorry.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >