Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday 8th March 2018

morning all
Raining here, typically i need to go out! i am fetching the lunch for my mum and around 6 of her friends today, they have been moved to a building where there is no decent food places nearby and the council owned building has now got a cafe...well posh coffee shop inside so they don't allow a sandwich round...the cafe is ridiculously priced, 8 smallish cookies...£18 i kid you not i try to take my mum a hot lunch at least once a week so she asked would i mind picking stuff up for the others...not at all, if i am going there anyway i may as well pick the others stuff up too.
i am then meeting my cousin, i really hope she isn't going to be late...she usually is, in summer i don't mind so much but in wet weather i don't like hanging round
29 years today i lost my brilliant Grandad, first time in years i haven't gone to his grave on his anniversary, he is my dads FIL but as dad is based at the crematorium now he will pop over for me..weird how i am still so tearful about it
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Good morning Griff and all who follow

Hope your cousin is on time and you don't have to wait in the wet. Has your mum got the all clear to fly?

Lovely morning here so have taken the chance to hang out the washing. Also been to the tip now having nice cup of coffee.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Hi Griff, Sue, and all who follow

"the cafe is ridiculously priced, 8 smallish cookies...£18"

OMG how can they justify that Does anyone buy them When I was a lad 8 small cookies would probably cost 18 pence, and that was 'old money' too (One shilling and six pence if my maths is right, maybe not )
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Mornin' all.

We've just got back from our morning jaunt. It's cold and we got drenched walking back to the car park. Everything now in the washing machine.

Rosie's limp seems fully recovered thank heavens so another 'phew' moment over.

Blimey, that's some price, Griff. We go for a full English every morning with a cup of coffee. £3.79 each. Now that's good value and one of the reasons we go. Proper Boston sausage, bacon, egg, beans and tomatoes. Lovely jubbly
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Oo yum to brekkie. Did anyone watch home and away. Strikes me ash is more volatile than robbo. Sunny day here. Crufts starts today pastoral and working my favs followed by gundog group. You can tell I like largish breeds. tomorrow hwm to look forward to because one of the dogs is related to my Tyto.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Afternoon griff, Sue, Harvey, Chris and brenda.

Wet day here today and a tad breezy.
Walked Dillon today short walk only I have done something to my left ankle and it has been very sore and swollen today feeling a bit better still limping but manageable.
had hair done stopped for a cuppa at Paul and Beth's now waiting for gorden to arrive and see what he brings home for tea.
Waiting for call from Peter to see what's happening with gill due to come today but nurse said they would review today she is very weak Peter said and extremely tired.
Looks like another 6 hour round trip to the hospital Sunday if she isn't home. I will drive and Michael will come to.

griff that's daylight robbery.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Sue, yes mum got the all clear!!! Much to dad's dismay lol
When we arranged to meet, it was 1-1.30, then it was 1.45, then when I was in town at 1pm she messaged... could it be 2!!! She arrived at about 2.15. she arrived though and it wasn't wet... just cold
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Evening all uprights and canines.

From the responses above it seems that the weather has been a bit mixed. It got up to 7degC here but felt bitterly cold with a biting wind and some rain showers. A low of zero is the overnight forecast. Frozen windscreen tomorrow...........

Did a few things today. First, we went to the barber - all three of us. Yes, Max is allowed in and he patiently lies and waits while we get trimmed.

Next it was off to the groomer. She does an excellent job and seems to have taken to Max. While he was being done, we managed to have a quick bite to eat, visit the supermarket, the bottle bank, home to stash the shopping in the appropriate places, and load empty cardboard into the car ready for the trip to the tip.

Collect the now ever so smart hound and home via the tip. Out at about 07:45 to stroll, back home at 14:30 after our expedition. And pretty much out immediately for another walk.
Makes me tired just thinking about it.........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Besoeker - You've crammed a lot in today. Ref. your comment about the Doc last night. I think there is a 'litigation protection' mode for all proffessionals these days.

So, regardless of what he really thought, if he sends you for a blood test, he can shift the responsibilty, no one can say he didn't do 'the right thing' so no one can bring a negliance claim on him.

50 years ago, even 30 years ago your Doc would have just looked at you and your life style and made a common sense decision. They can't do that now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
When we arranged to meet, it was 1-1.30, then it was 1.45, then when I was in town at 1pm she messaged... could it be 2!!! She arrived at about 2.15. she arrived though and it wasn't wet... just cold
Griff, I know you like meeting up with her but it did occur to me that if she is always late then you could just build that into your planning, in other words agree a time, and then just add 30 or even 45 minutes to it, if by some miricle she does arrive on time you just have to use the same excuses as she does. Everyones happy and no wasted time on your part
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >