Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2018, 10:17 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 28th February

Good morning everyone

Do hope something can be sorted for Gill it is not fair on her or her family the way things are at the moment. Have you tried McMillan and see if they can help. They helped my friend get her husband into care for the time he had. Hugs to you all.

Mandy hope Lauryn gets her letter asap then she can relax a bit.

More snow overnight but the sun is out so no doubt most will disappear by this afternoon. Mind you the pavements were quite icy in the shade when I went out yesterday afternoon.

Have just spent half an hour negotiating with BT for a new deal and have managed to get my monthly bill down by £16 - result Will be doing it again in 18 months!

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay warm and safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2018, 11:05 AM
How did you do that Sue? Would love to be able to get my monthly bill down.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2018, 11:13 AM
We've got about 5"-6" of snow down so it looks like no walks at all today. Rosie won't even stick her nose out of the back door. I'll make her go soon and once she's out there, the problem will be getting her back in again.

We've had blizzard weather a few times this morning, but it is brightening up a bit.

The council have announced that they have stopped bin collections, but to leave the bins out and they will try to get to them in the next few days if not, then at next collection. I wonder if that means we should leave the bins out for the next month in the hopes they eventually turn up .

I hate snow, always have. It's the only weather where I just can't get out. After breaking my ankle a few years ago and it taking 5 years to heal properly, I just daren't risk it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2018, 11:16 AM
morning all
lovely start to the day, deagan has sickness and upset tum...lovely, coz i was rushing about trying to sort them all out i took a tablet before my chemo...couldn't take it so will have to do it tomorrow instead, no idea if i am supposed to be out for lunch tomorrow though as it is Steves birthday
Just dropped his prezzies off, was waiting for him to arrive and this weird bloke kept talking to me, really wouldn't take the hint, i was giving 1 word answers and trying not to engage with him but he wouldn't leave me alone....made me feel very very uncomfortable, i was on the verge of telling him to eff off as Steve thankfully arrived, he was telling em how he was going to see his probation officer and i know you shouldn't make assumptions on the way somebody looks but i would swear he was a sex offender...i am used to dealing with all sorts of people but he honestly made me feel very very uneasy
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Brenda it just takes time and telling them what you want and not what they want to sell you. We started off by them telling me we needed Infinity at £46 a month then reduced a bit and then down to £33 pus £50 activation - no I only need the ordinary unlimited broadband - well that will be a certain amount and I said why cant you offer the same deal to existing customer and new and eventually got them down to just under the offer price. Also had to tell them no I don't want your mobile contract and no I don't want tv but they do try hard to get you to sign up to and expensive package but just keep saying no and eventually as they don't want to lose you they relent and you get and agreement

Give it a go and stick to your needs not theirs! Good luck.

My next fight will be with house insurance and then cars but have a few months to go for those.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Hi Sue,
" We started off by them telling me we needed Infinity at £46 a month then reduced a bit and then down to £33 pus £50 activation - no I only need the ordinary unlimited broadband - well that will be a certain amount and I said why cant you offer the same deal to existing customer and new and eventually got them down to just under the offer price. Also had to tell them no I don't want your mobile contract and no I don't want tv but they do try hard to get you to sign up to and expensive package but just keep saying no and eventually as they don't want to lose you they relent and you get and agreement"

Gosh, I'm very impressed Like you we don't need Infinity, likewise I tried their mobile contract, no signal here in the house, have to go to the road to get a signal, sent the SIM back and was not pleased, and again same as you don't want the TV thing.

BUT we are paying nearly £30 a month so I must look at what we are getting and have another go at them

Very big thank you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Afternoon everyone snowy here and now getting breezy to.
Hope poorly tummies settle soon in your house griff.
Well done Sue as you know we ditched BT. New internet and phone provider living upto expectations.
We are loving the amazon firestick and the £14 month bill for netflix and the amazon prime delivery to. Mostly next day.

Gill still in hospital and isolation wanted her home now she is back on ab's. Peter spoke to palliative care yesterday and they seem to think it is fair to send her home for 4 days then have her back in for rehydration and ab's even though it is getting more and more difficult to insert the cannula. They don't accept the end of life prognosis the doctor gave Peter and Neill Saturday.
He has told them he won't accept enablement care again as he can do what they do and they now need proper nursing care.
Watch this space as they say he is waiting to hear no news today so far.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2018, 04:37 PM
At least sue is fighting the utilities and not giving me grief

She also spotted that the same balcony cabin on our fjords cruise has now gone up by £1700. Just goes to show it pays to book as early as possible , preferably as soon as the cruises are announced.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2018, 08:12 PM
tumbleweed - "Just goes to show it pays to book as early as possible"

Yes, it's like a sine wave* starts low, goes up to max (When most people book) and then comes down again when there's about ten days to go before departure.

The airlines are the same.

* From your past life I think you'll know about these things
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-02-2018, 08:26 PM
'evening all

Griff, not nice having someone like that hanging around, yes it's 2018 and in my opinion you do need to be very careful if strangers try to be over friendly.

Lynn, did I read this right ? they want to send Gill home even 'tho they know she'll have to come back in four days ? Sorry if I'm being a bit dense.

Well I had a dentist appointment today but they rang just as I was about to leave to say my dentist couldn't get in. (She lives a long way from the practice) I was happy to re-book as the minor roads around here are narrow and meeting a huge John Deere tractor with an equaly large trailor full of sugar beet is tricky in good weather, with the kerbs covered in snow it would be a lot more difficult.

Big news in the Losos household - We have a RAT Yes he's taken to picking up seeds that fall of the bird feeder, cheeky blighter comes out in daylight, I've put some traps down and closed the gate so the dogs can't get round the back. The other side of our rear fence is paddocks and horses so that is likely where he is comming from