Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mirage
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2017, 10:40 PM

Puppy training books

Hi. I'm new to this forum.
Just a little information about be. I live in south Texas. Work at a feed store but am considering college to become a pharmacy technician. Between myself and my fiance we have 4 horses.
My fiance got me a half black lab, half golden retriever puppy who is now 13 weeks old. Her name is Bailey and she's black with a dab of white on her chin and all four paws, making it look like she stepped in paint. Lol. Unfortunately, my phone is refusing to upload pictures.
I have never owned a lab, retriever, or mix. And I have never had a puppy. All my dogs have been strays. This little girl actually came from a rescue too.
I know training horses and dogs is different because one is a predator and one is prey, but I train horses and know how to be patient, consistent, how to reward and how and when to discipline.
So far, Bailey knows Sit, Down and Stay. We are working on roll and going into her kennel.
What are the best puppy training books for lab retriever crosses? Thanks.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
Hi. I'm new to this forum.
Just a little information about be. I live in south Texas. Work at a feed store but am considering college to become a pharmacy technician. Between myself and my fiance we have 4 horses.
My fiance got me a half black lab, half golden retriever puppy who is now 13 weeks old. Her name is Bailey and she's black with a dab of white on her chin and all four paws, making it look like she stepped in paint. Lol. Unfortunately, my phone is refusing to upload pictures.
I have never owned a lab, retriever, or mix. And I have never had a puppy. All my dogs have been strays. This little girl actually came from a rescue too.
I know training horses and dogs is different because one is a predator and one is prey, but I train horses and know how to be patient, consistent, how to reward and how and when to discipline.
So far, Bailey knows Sit, Down and Stay. We are working on roll and going into her kennel.
What are the best puppy training books for lab retriever crosses? Thanks.
If it were me i would buy a general Puppy book or you could buy one of each breed then compare which breed she is more like and go from there. Really though she will be her unique self. Just be consisent and kind. They are both very trainable breeds. Enjoy her and look forward to hearing more about her x
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2017, 01:34 PM
The Perfect Puppy, by Gwen Bailey is a good general puppy training book.