Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 05:28 PM

What is the best gundog training book

I know of two, the best is

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-..._clickid=3x648

And the second best is

http://www.amazon.com/Themselves-Tak.../dp/0963012746

Do you have any other ideas, as I own many at this point, but I am always looking for a better one.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Surely the best one must be the one you've written or are about to write as you've trolled this forum with your 'expertise' your rude, indulgent, dogmatic, know it all replies.

Sadly I am not a moderator on this forum or your backside would have been kicked to touch long ago.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2016, 07:06 PM
Well, clearly we here on this forum know nothing about gun dogs so why would you ask us? I mean, YOU'RE the expert. Why do you even need a book since you're so perfect?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Surely the best one must be the one you've written or are about to write as you've trolled this forum with your 'expertise' your rude, indulgent, dogmatic, know it all replies.

Sadly I am not a moderator on this forum or your backside would have been kicked to touch long ago.
I will have a small booklet available shortly, you are quite sharp. Not for sale mind you, but one never does know what the future holds.

CIAO
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Well, clearly we here on this forum know nothing about gun dogs so why would you ask us? I mean, YOU'RE the expert. Why do you even need a book since you're so perfect?
I thought you ignored me? and made your last post to me, yesterday I think. Actually I really do not need books anymore. The last book I got from NAVHDA was a joke, one third of the book was devoted to force training gundogs to fetch. I can't imagine how high strung or retarded a gundog would have to be, to need to be force trained to fetch. Here is that book, it's the green one. http://navhdastore.org/navhdaspremiu...ippackage.aspx

That said I do not have high strung field trial dogs, my dogs are traditional hunters as the Germans bred, not the English pointer crosses so common here in the USA.