Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Morrison rules!

Starting Cain on a raw diet and trotted off to ASDA yesterday to try and get offal etc, got there and was very disappointed to find very expensive lamb's liver and that was all. So off to Tesco.....same story did get some pigs liver though.

So tonight off I went to Morrisons. I managed to get chicken liver, ox liver (that plus the lamb and pig, I now have enough liver to last me about two months or more! maybe I got carried away.....), I toyed with a rack of lamb ribs but put them back because they were quite expensive. But I did get pigs kidneys and lamb hearts, all picked some pig trotters. Then I went and spoke to the butcher and got some bones/off cuts, look like lamb ribs. All only came to around £8, very happy. Is it weird that finding kidneys should make me so happy..... The only thing was I was too embarressed to go through the checkout with such a weird trolley load, so I went through self service

Do Morrisons sell ox tails? If not, where do you all get them from?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
wow thats alot of offal

wheres the meat?... you say you have just started feeding him raw? how long ago?
cravencraven
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Morrisons do have oxtails,they can be expensive,but if you look in the section where the short dated offers are there are sometimes some in there going cheap.That's where I get all Cravens meat from.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
wow thats alot of offal

wheres the meat?... you say you have just started feeding him raw? how long ago?
Don't worry, I went specifically to buy offal. I've put in a delivery of meat minces/meaty bones/chicken carcesses/wing/tripe etc from the Dog Food Company which I get in a week, so I don't need to get meat from the supermarket.

This week he's been getting prize choice mince, chicken wings, fish and tripe while I'm waiting for my frozen meat order to turn up (ran out of kibble so had to improvise for a week!). I tried beef mince but it gave him the squits, so keeping it simple and introducing things slowly. I had no offal though, went to buy some to tide us over and got a bit carried away as they had such a selection!!! I know it's a lot of offal, I've filled the freezer and I expect it to last him a good while. He's not had any offal yet, going to offer him a little liver tomorrow. He's only been on raw just over a week.

Thanks Craven, nothing worth having in the reduced section today, I'll have to keep an eye out in future.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Yep, Morrisons is indeed far superior to Asda or Tesco when it comes to the fresh meat section. I dont bother looking anywhere else but there now. Tesco do sell chicken livers but they are in the frozen meat cabinets.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes, I get my livers (well, the dogs! ) form Morrisons as well.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I also get alot of my meat from Morrison... oxtail, pork ribs, offal, lamb necks etc... but my lot won't eat their chicken wings.. have to get them from sainsburys!!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I also get alot of my meat from Morrison... oxtail, pork ribs, offal, lamb necks etc... but my lot won't eat their chicken wings.. have to get them from sainsburys!!
picky so and so's, that's funny

Well it was offal day today and Cain wolfed down his tripe from breakfast then his dinner of heart and little bit of liver. He then systematically chewed and spat out each bit of kidney he did eat them eventually, but not without 5 mins of contemplation! Not a kidney fan it seems (and he'll eat anything!)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Mine wouldn't touch raw kidney either, but microwaved a little bit, it went down a treat
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Do you know it's funny, many years ago when I first started raw feeding I went to the Morrisons Butcher and asked if they had anything for sale I could give my dogs. I got a lovely lecture about how dogs shouldn't eat bones as it was dangerous blah, blah, blah, only to find all I really needed was a recession so that they'd start selling the odds and ends to the general public anyway!

Wonder if I'm brave enough to try Morrisons Butcher again......
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >